SCAM - eBay Double Listing of Unique Steel

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Pete Knapton

Post by Pete Knapton »

Denny,
I understand the feeling when being burnt on ebay....it sucks alright. But three bad transactions totalling $75.00 aint too bad. That equates to bad debt of about 0.2% of total revenue! Most trading business would be happy, if not proud of thoses figures.

Will the FBI investigate claims for the dollar amounts in question? I wish this country had thoses resources.

Good luck with your future transactions.
Pete
Bill Bosler

Post by Bill Bosler »

The thing I've never understood about "Fleabay" is the aggravation people will put up with just to buy/sell something. I've sold some very nice guitars here on the forum and have met the nicest people doing it.
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

The forum is great when it comes to buying and selling, but it is not without it's instances of less than honorable dealings, however few those instances may be.
Denny Turner

Post by Denny Turner »

Pete,
<SMALL>Will the FBI investigate claims for the dollar amounts in question? I wish this country had thoses resources.</SMALL>
The FBI / IFCC is the Internet Fraud Complaint Center, a hub for internet business fraud that the FBI takes very seriously. The program is a collaborative effort with local law enforcement, mainly the state & county District Attorneys in each district. The FBI takes the complaints through their websites and forwards them to the D.A. with jurisdiction. Most D.A. offices have an internet business fraud department or detectives under the task force program. The D.A. / dept / detectives are then SUPPOSED to investigate each and every case sent to them by the FBI / IFCC regardless of the amount of money involved ...because small $$$ transactions make up a large agrigate $$$ of internet commerce which the Feds $$$ value. BUT, it stands to reason that a local D.A. can only handle the amount of cases that his/her resources will support; And that evermore involves $$$ and resources priority in the growing sordid state of amairka (as geeduhb has renamed / recreated us). SO, it is important for a complaintant to also locate that D.A., and call them, introduce him/herself along with the FBI / IFCC case number for them to expect soon from the FBI. You then have someone directly responsible / accountable that you can communicate with and put their feet to the fire should you need to (kindly / creatively reminding them that investigating and resolving and/or prosecuting each case is their mandate via the internet fraud task force). The 3 D.A.'s I've contacted were all very nice and professional people. Every American (and amairkan) has a right to equal protection and access to the law; Although it often takes some gear noise to get yer fair share of the grease.

Aloha,
DT~
<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by Denny Turner on 13 April 2005 at 08:40 PM.]</p></FONT>
Paul Arntson

Post by Paul Arntson »

Denny Turner

Post by Denny Turner »

...And another. eBay charged with racketeering.

DT~
Denny Turner

Post by Denny Turner »

Rick Alexander

Post by Rick Alexander »

Denny - nice work!
That's a valuable resource center if I ever saw one.
Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

Denny, super job. Thanks for the effort. I'm sure some of us have had it stuck to us by others also. Forum First, then Fleabay if necessary. I've got to admit I've never been "had" on eBay, but I've also had some close calls.

phred

------------------
"From Truth, Justice is Born"--Quanah Parker-1904