Zirctone - New Production Zirconia Tonebars For Sale

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
tom anderson

Conical bar

Post by tom anderson »

I’d like one-10 string conical if you ever get to it. Another steeler tells me that the conical bars are more accurate for keeping the bottom strings in tune with the octave strings above. As one plays the eye lines up the edge with the fret and the lower strings have more length to vibrate and thus stay in tune as you go up the neck.
Last edited by tom anderson on 9 Feb 2022 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Stafford

Zirctone - New Production Zirconia Tonebars For Sale

Post by Lynn Stafford »

Mark,

Please put me on your list for a 15/16" Dia. X 12 string bar.
Best regards,
Lynn Stafford

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------
M Horton Smith

Post by M Horton Smith »

Erv and Lynn - I have you both on the list for the sizes you want, thank you friends!

David - thrilled you are loving your bar! The Jerry Byrd size will just be cylindrical for this first run in that size.

David and Tom - I'm happy to look at the slight conical shapes moving forward. Very interesting concept. Does anyone know what the taper angle would be by chance, I've never played one?

Best,

Mark
Dick Chapple Sr

bars

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

Good evening Sir:
I just sent you an email regarding getting in line for two bars.
:) :) :)
Richard
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

Here's a llink to the BJS site showing the difference in the two noses (conical vs spherical on the Byrd bars): http://www.bjsbars.com/uploads/5/3/9/2/ ... w2560.jpeg
M Horton Smith

Post by M Horton Smith »

Thank you David,

Great photo showing the difference - very interesting. I am happy to make the tip more conical on those for those that prefer it.
Dick Chapple Sr

zirctone

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

Hi Mark:
I wanted to bump this topic up to the top by asking if you have any new news or updates for us.
I am patient and can wait, just hoping you may be having some success getting necessary supplies to build these beauties for us.
:) :) :)
Dick
tom anderson

Post by tom anderson »

Here is actually the type of bar I was talking about. Only having the same size base and length, but the entire bar tapered. Let me know if it’s possible.
M Horton Smith

Post by M Horton Smith »

Dick,

Thank you for your following up. I am hoping to have materials supply issues sorted by April-May this year for those of you patiently waiting. It's still an uncertainty with all that's happening in the world, but I sincerely hope to get there. Thank you all for your continued patience.

Tom,

I see the overall taper in that bar - very cool. I hope to eventually be able to offer a wide range of profiles like that. If I can get more established, I will certainly entertain more custom shapes and sizes in the future. Thanks for the photo, I will definitely keep that in mind and reach out to you if it becomes a possibility. If I have extra material to work with in this next run, I will try to make a demo piece like that and see how it turns out. If you can measure the diameters and length, email the specs to me zirctone@gmail.com.

Thanks all, I will be in touch with those of you on the list as soon as I have bars ready!

Mark
David Ball

Post by David Ball »

My preferred lap steel and C6 neck bar right now is a Basil Henriques bar that tapers from 3/4 to 5/8 over 3 1/4" plastic bar. I'm using a Zirctone 7/8 bar for E9 and am quite happy with it.

I go back and forth between the tapered plastic bar and the BJS Byrd bar on lap steel...I'd love to try a Zirctone of either style.

Dave
Ron Epperson

Zirctone bar

Post by Ron Epperson »

Iam interested in the 15/16 bar as well put me on the list
George Macdonald

Zirctone

Post by George Macdonald »

I hope Zirctone bars will be available again soon. Please put me on the list for a 15/16 10 string bar. Thanks George Macdonald
Tim Whitlock

Post by Tim Whitlock »

I would love a 3/4 x 3" zirc bar. The Jerry Byrd is just a bit short for eight strings.
Jan Dunn

If you make one

Post by Jan Dunn »

save me a 7/8 10 string bar
Thanks
Danny Sherbon

Bar

Post by Danny Sherbon »

I’m hoping I’m still in line for a 15/16 12 string bar.
Thanks Dan Sherbon
MSA Millennium D10, Justice SD 10 Patriot, Rittenberry Prestige,
Tonic,Quilter Mach 3, Nashville 112, Telonics and Hilton Pedal, MPX-1, Pro-Fex