Pedal Steel Lessons in the Triangle (NC)

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

James Woodall

Pedal Steel Lessons in the Triangle (NC)

Post by James Woodall »

Hey all!

I just moved down to Durham, North Carolina. I'm looking to take some pedal steel lessons and was wondering if anybody knew anybody in the area. I'm willing to drive 2-3 hours or so every few weeks for a lesson.

Best,
James
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Greg Reading - steel player for Chatham County Line, and Nathan Golub with 2 Dollar Pistols and John Howie are both triangle based.

I think they are both here on the forum. Don’t know if they teach, but might be a good starting point.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Also reach out to forum member Clyde Mattocks, a really fine long time experienced player , highly skilled, and I will add, a good guy. Even though we have not actually seen each other in a whole bunch of years :D Clyde's in your area.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Bill Ladd

Post by Bill Ladd »

Tony Prior wrote:Also reach out to forum member Clyde Mattocks, a really fine long time experienced player , highly skilled, and I will add, a good guy. Even though we have not actually seen each other in a whole bunch of years :D Clyde's in your area.
I reached out to Clyde a number of years ago about lessons. He told me he wasn’t teaching anymore, although that might have changed.
Bill Erchul

Post by Bill Erchul »

Hi James, I'm in Raleigh and have been giving pedal steel and dobro lessons for many years. I helped Greg Readling and others get started and would be happy to work with you. Please PM me through the forum if interested. Thanks. Bill
Kasey Kovalcik

Post by Kasey Kovalcik »

Bill Erchul wrote:Hi James, I'm in Raleigh and have been giving pedal steel and dobro lessons for many years. I helped Greg Readling and others get started and would be happy to work with you. Please PM me through the forum if interested. Thanks. Bill
PM from a new member coming
Bill Erchul

Post by Bill Erchul »

PM reply sent to Kasey.
john widgren

Howdy

Post by john widgren »

James is a great guy, and very talented. We did a few lessons and they were good fun. Whomever takes him on will have a very good experience...
Steel Guitar Services:
Live performance and recording. Instruments, repairs and lessons. Fresh bait/discount sushi.
(203) 858-8498
widcj@hotmail.com
Dylan Ritter

Post by Dylan Ritter »

Hi, Doug Palmer is in Greensboro, not sure if he's still giving lessons but a great option if so.
does it look like it fits on my lap?