Moyo Volume Pedals

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Glenn Demichele

Moyo Volume Pedals

Post by Glenn Demichele »

They're not new, but I wanted to rave about them again. I just finished talking to Glenn Taylor about how great his pedals are. I have been using one for volume and one for expression since May 2016. I have S/N 007 and S/N 036, so I'm proud to say I got in on the ground floor.
Glenn Demichele wrote:I just got one. It's cooler than it looks in the pictures. Surprisingly heavy and rugged, and opens up lots of room in my pack a seat and on the floor.
Franklin D10 8&5, Excel D10 8&5, homemade buffer/overdrive, Moyo pedal, GT-001 effects, 2x BAM200 for stereo. 2x GW8003 8" driver in homemade closed-box. Also NV400 etc. etc...
Tore Blestrud

Post by Tore Blestrud »

Great vol pedal! I use mine as a backup and for flying gigs.
Emmons D-10 P/P 78", Franklin D-10, Zum Encore. Sho-Bud LDG
Greg Forsyth

Post by Greg Forsyth »

I have a moyo volume pedal also. Easy to use, great value for your money and absolutely no backlash!
Pat Moore

Moyo

Post by Pat Moore »

I love mine! Heavy duty, great swell, easy to pack & travel! Glenn is a great guy & easy to deal with!
Get you one!
Pat :D
K Maul

Post by K Maul »

I got one about two years ago and love it. Recently picked up another one pre-owned.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.
Josh Moss

Post by Josh Moss »

I just picked one up. Great pedal! I love the compact size and lower height compared to a standard volume pedal.
Sho~Bud Pro I
Stage One S-10
Moyo VP
Fender Silverface Twin
Peavey Nashville 400
Thornton Lewis

Post by Thornton Lewis »

I bought one recently and have to say it's small, built like a rock, and, relative to my Hilton, tiny. I don't lean on my vol pedal a lot and I am very happy with this. There when you need it and not in the way when you don't. You can't adjust the throw so it's always on; all the way down is off unlike the adjustable Hilton or massively expensive Telonics, but it's a great pedal for the money.Highly recomended.
G Strout

Post by G Strout »

Really Love mine!! Never going back to the "Big Foot" volume pedals...........
Melbert 8, Remington S8,Remington D8, Rick B6, Tremblay 6 lap steel, Marlen S-10 4&4, Old Guild M75 and Artist Award, Benedetto Bravo, Epiphone Century Electar (the real one) and a bunch of old lap steels.... mostly Ricks and Magnatones'
Gary Kaye

Moyo

Post by Gary Kaye »

Does the volume start immediately or do you find a dead spot before it come on?
Steve Lipsey

Post by Steve Lipsey »

the trick is to make sure that your ankle is over the hinge on the pedal - if you put your toe on it, like you would on an effects pedal, it feels very awkward and volume moves in a funny way. With the middle of your foot on it, it feels very natural.
www.facebook.com/swingaliband & a few more....
Williams S10s, Milkman Pedal Steel Mini & "The Amp"
Ben Bonham "CooderNator" archtop parlor electric reso w/Fishman & Lollar string-through
Ben Bonham "ResoBorn" deep parlor acoustic reso with Weissenborn neck and Fishman
Ben Bonham Style 3 Tricone., 1954 Oahu Diana, 1936 Oahu Parlor Squareneck
Glenn Demichele

Post by Glenn Demichele »

Again (for the 5th time!), I absolutely love mine. No dead spots, and yes, put the pedal in the arch of your foot with your toes hanging over the end with the pivot directly under your ankle, and that sucker becomes part of your foot.
Franklin D10 8&5, Excel D10 8&5, homemade buffer/overdrive, Moyo pedal, GT-001 effects, 2x BAM200 for stereo. 2x GW8003 8" driver in homemade closed-box. Also NV400 etc. etc...
Francisco Castillo

Post by Francisco Castillo »

I followed this same advice too, and can't be happier.
Size, weight, tone, functionality, etc, all perfect.