Pee Wee Whitewing Has Transitioned-Updated 3/28/2020

Obituaries and remembrances
of steel guitarists, their friends and families

Moderators: Donna Dodd, Lori Lee Smith

jim flynn

God Bless the family, he'll be missed

Post by jim flynn »

I had several opportunities to meet with PeeWee. he is truly
a gentleman and an inspiration to those who know him.
His family is awesome and a joy in themselves. I know that he will be playing his steel in Heaven, and we wil see him again. God Bless.

Jim Flynn
Andie Whitewing

A Gift from Dale Foreman

Post by Andie Whitewing »

When guitarist Al Foreman (a session player at JD Miller along with Pee Wee) picked up the steel guitar, Pee Wee gave him one of his bars. When Al died, his son Dale inherited it. In the wake of Pee Wee's death, Al sent that bar to me. It arrived in the mail today and I could not have anticipated how that would touch my heart so deeply. Sharing in gratitude and love <3
Andie Whitewing

Doug Childress

Post by Doug Childress »

So happy to have known and actually jammed with Pee Wee Whitewing. Such a nice guy and great musician. I went to the Lake Charles Civic Center many years ago to see Conway Twitty. Joe Douglas opened and Pee Wee was playing steel for him! Pee Wee was special and always treated me like I was one of the family. Offering prayers for him and his family. Love to you all.
Jimmie Miller

Pee Wee Whitewing

Post by Jimmie Miller »

So proud I got to meet this man. Met him in Gulfport a few years ago at the Deep South Steel Show. We talked like we had known one another for years. What a wonderful human being. RIP
Sierra 14 string E69, Nashville 400, Nashville 112, MB-200/ MB 500 Tommy Huff 1-15 Cab.