Emmons Guitar Co.

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Peer Desmense

Post by Peer Desmense »

Mr. Niehaus,

It seems to me you enjoy Ivanos position.
I resent that very much!
Tell me I'm wrong and I'll reconsider, but my thoughts are you sit there laughing about this situation.
The situation is in fact ridiculous but thats only because the Emmons factory's behaviour.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

so....aside from initially shipping a discustingly crappy product, possibly stealing a pedalboard, lying about it, badmouthing the victim and exercising extremely poor customer service...what has the emmons co. done wrong?........oh yeah, 'still' not addressing the problem in an acceptable manner.
Charlie St Denis

Post by Charlie St Denis »

Last count was at Chapter 4. I see Chatper 11
just around the corner when running a business
like this. Emmons should do the right thing
and get this man taken care of.

Charlie
CrowBear Schmitt

Post by CrowBear Schmitt »

Code: Select all

After this issue is taken care of and forgotten
this issue won't be forgotten - it will remain along w: those other foreigners who got the same treatment
Erv, instead of makin' fun of the Italians dilemma, as a Christian who believes in charity, forgiveness, helping his fellow man, you should help take care of Ivano since you're such a reliable client of the Emmons Co.
i wish to express my deception in reading your mockery of this ugly situation

may i suggest, that those who have the links to the past threads relating to this kind of treatment to customers by Emmons be posted here for all to see
i don't have the time right now to do that, but when i do ...
Richard Damron

Post by Richard Damron »

Gentlemen -

Am I, perhaps, using the term too loosely?

This thread is heading the way of the lemmings - into the sea. Might I suggest that we all take a step back and allow Kevin Hatton space in which to persue his quest? Seems like he has a logical resolution to the problem at hand.

Respectfully,

Richard
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Ciao,
if some of you know me just a little from the post I've made 'till now, knows that I won't answer to Mr. Erv. It's better.
If even b0b had something to say to him (and it's the first time that b0b answer to a forum member in this post, after this thing began, last february) should make him think a little. But I don't think he really realize of how "out of tune" he is about all this matter.
I just have no words for all the things that he said here and on the other post, from the first to the last.
I'm sorry.
For him.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Erv, It is sad to think that you have spent hours tabbing out all those gospel songs with all the words visible and all you can do is be indifferent and mock and joke about the situation. Do the words of all those gospel hymns mean nothing to you? Why not join us and try and help a fellow steel player.
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Andy Sandoval

Post by Andy Sandoval »

tbhenry wrote:Erv, It is sad to think that you have spent hours tabbing out all those gospel songs with all the words visible and all you can do is be indifferent and mock and joke about the situation. Do the words of all those gospel hymns mean nothing to you? Why not join us and try and help a fellow steel player.
Yeah, take a break from your "Sci Fi" novel and redirect some of your misguided energy to helpin out instead of denying there's a problem. You might even feel good about it. :)
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Anyway, Mr Damron said a true good thing.
Gentleman Kevin Hatton is trying to help in a very positive way, and maybe his thinking is the only one thing left at the end, but I'd like to think not, because we don't want him work for us and do all that he have to do to build this board.
We are just trying with other dealers just to have all original emmons pedal and parts.
Is not that we don't want Kevin's help, is that we don't want want him work for us, but we think and hope he understood this. If his work will be the last thing to do, we'll think it over again, but anyway me and Ivano would like to thank him for what he's trying to do to help us.

ciao and goodnight for now. here is 1.30 at night.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

A Forum member has notified me that he thinks that he has a full size LeGrande III pedal board channel without the pedals. I gave him the measurements of the one that we need and he is going to get back to me. If this turns out to be a full size pedal board channel, he said that he is willing to trade me the SHORT pedal board channel that I found, which means that I won't have to make a new pedal board channel. I'll just have to transfer the pedals and leg hold downs to this one and have it mirror polished.
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

thanx for the help, kevin.
if the emmons co. got the pedalboard back, which seems to be the case since they were buffing it out,...and then wouldn't give it to ivano...isn't that stealing...or lying and stealing...or at least lying? they should give him what he paid for and apologize for this travesty. ...or present some facts which show they aren't to blame for this. where are they??

a concerned consumer
Don McClellan

Post by Don McClellan »

I'm fascinated by this whole story on a few different levels. The discourse between Ivano and the Emmons Co. is interesting enough but there's so much more here and its a real sign of the times. An internet chat room is providing a platform for customers (new, old and prospective customers), to openly and publicly discuss a company's product, service, management, customer relations, reputation and more and update it minute by minute. Let this be a lesson to all of us.
There's no doubt all the other steel guitar makers are keeping an eye on this story. I'll bet they're talking to each other but they're not talking to us. I don't blame the Rains guy at all for grabbing a quick plug the way he did. Why not? After all, someone asked if it had to be this difficult to buy a new pedal steel. He wisely and quickly said, no.
And the beat goes on with the animal references too. Eating crow, smelling a rat, beating a horse, dog in a fight and now after reading Erv's strange posts I'm thinking we can add sick puppy to the list. :wink:
It appears to me Mr. Lashley feels secure and confident that those players who love the Emmons Guitars and always have, will continue to love the Emmons guitars despite what's going on now. If that's the case I think he's right. He probably would have liked to have seen this all go away a while ago but he knows it will go away soon enough and the mystique of the name Emmons, with that logo we always associate with Buddy, will be all he needs to carry on.

What does that tell you about Buddy?
Last edited by Don McClellan on 29 May 2010 11:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

This is about getting Ivano his (a) pedal rack.
Don McClellan

Post by Don McClellan »

No, it isn't. Read the title of this thread. Its about the Emmons Guitar Co.
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Yes, and how they are treating Ivano and other customers. The core issue is that Ivano did not receive his PEDAL RACK from Emmons guitar company that he paid for. This has nothing to do with Buddy either. Don't bring him into this. This isn't going away until Ivano gets a pedal rack.
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Anybody heard about this man, Tom Vollmer ? it seems he knows everything about how to repair emmons guitars. Do you know if he has a shop in Pennsylvania ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et2H3d2k ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znYmrWcQ ... re=related
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

tbhenry wrote:Erv, You seem to like to use animal imagery, such as beating a dead "horse," and "dogs" in a fight. Your literary skills are to be commended. Perhaps you should write a novel involving 8 emmons guitars, one dead horse and a dog fight. It sounds like a recipe for an intriguing plot!!
This is the quote that was directed at me. Most of you guys have your nose SO bent out of shape you fail to find ANY humor in anything.
I read from the posts that the two Italian gentlement really don't want your help with finding another pedal board.
However, you bashers are so intent on castigating the Lashleys that you just won't ease up.

You talk about my not reading the lyrics to my gospel songs and casting aspersians on my Christianity.
I remember reading in the scriptures about not critizing the speck in your brother's eye when you have a plank in yours. All I have done in my postings is to "put the most cheritable construction" on the Lashleys.
Sure, I have empathy for the Italians but this continual bashing surely has to stop.
Last edited by Erv Niehaus on 30 May 2010 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erv Niehaus

Re: Emmons Guitar Co.

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Ernest Cawby wrote:Back in 1991 I bought all the lessins that they Emmons had for sale, every order was handled in good order, the lady I did busisess with was up front and very nice to do business with, shipped as sonn as the order was given. She even told me about Jeffran Music and gave me their phone number so I could order from them.
For a co. to succeed you have to be up front with you custmers and informative. When in the drywall business we worked with 27 builders, The owners would call Nan and tell her, "I would rather do busines with your co. than any we work with" you always can tell me when and where I can expect your work to be done and Ernie always calls me right back when we need him.
What I am saying here is you need to be up front and tell you customers what can be done and when.

ernie
Ernie started this post in a very postitive mannner and how come everything positive about Emmons has to turn into a mud throwing event?
Stephen Gambrell

Post by Stephen Gambrell »

Andy Sandoval wrote:Well Erv since you asked, I own a Sho-Bud, so fortunately I won't ever have to do business with the Lashley's.
Nor Shot Jackson, nor Buddy EMMONS!
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Erv, It is sad to think that you have spent hours tabbing out all those gospel songs with all the words visible and all you can do is be indifferent and mock and joke about the situation. Do the words of all those gospel hymns mean nothing to you? Why not join us and try and help a fellow steel player.
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Kevin Hatton wrote:A Forum member has notified me that he thinks that he has a full size LeGrande III pedal board channel without the pedals.......
Kevin, this is really interesting.
It seems to be a good solution, mainly because looks like you don't have to work as hard as it seemed with the first solution.
I'll get in contact with you, and we try this way. Ivano say that is ok.
THANKS.
Fred Shannon

Post by Fred Shannon »

"I don't blame the Rains guy at all for grabbing a quick plug the way he did."

Don Mc, I don't think the guy who made the statement is a representative of Rains guitar company, but a customer. Maybe someone can check it out..

phred
There are only two defining forces that have offered to die for you; Jesus Christ and the American GI!!

Think about it!!
Paolo Ercoli

Post by Paolo Ercoli »

Erv wrote
I read from the posts that the two Italian gentlement really don't want your help with finding another pedal board.
why are you saying Erv that we don't want your help ? Maybe if Ivano received his guitar (not still completly) is because of your help.
We just said that we don't want Mr. Hatton work for us (talking about handworking).
Anyway now Ivano think that the solution of Mr. Hatton is, should be, ok, so we are going this way.
We accept help from everybody (as Emmons Co. doesn't, if you like it or not), also from you. If you have any kind of idea to let Ivano purchase a pedalboard, just tell us, or tell him, we will be very happy to close this nightmare.
All the best to you.
Johnny Thomasson

Post by Johnny Thomasson »

Fred Shannon wrote:"I don't blame the Rains guy at all for grabbing a quick plug the way he did."

Don Mc, I don't think the guy who made the statement is a representative of Rains guitar company, but a customer. Maybe someone can check it out..

phred
Fred,

That is an affirmative. Chris plays a Rains, but is not affiliated with the company, other than being long time friends with Gary. Their friendship goes back more than 20 years. Chris just happens to think Gary builds fine guitars and offers superb customer service, which I believe was the point he was trying to make. And I agree with him on both points.
Johnny Thomasson
Kevin Hatton

Post by Kevin Hatton »

Okay, here's an update. Mr. Bill Ladd has offered to trade a U cnannel of a LeGrande III for the shorter one that I found. Its all drilled for the 8 pedals and everything else. I confirmed the leg cutout measurement. I'm confirming another measurement. Thank you Bill.