John Fabian passes - OnLine Memorial Service

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Michael Barone

Post by Michael Barone »

Ann, my thoughts and prayers go out to you. This sad news is shocking. John's friendship and tremendous presence in the industry will be missed.

Mike
tom anderson

Post by tom anderson »

You have all my sympathy and prayers.
Jay Dee Maness

John

Post by Jay Dee Maness »

So very sorry to hear of this. Jaydee
Bob Kagy

Post by Bob Kagy »

I'm deeply shocked. My sincere comdolences to you Ann.
J D Sauser

Post by J D Sauser »

I can not believe this! I am so sorry. Sorry I didn't call for the last years, just to say "hello". Didn't, I don't know... I don't know what to say... I was so looking forward to see him and you Ann again, some day.
I was just thinking about my days in Dallas with John... the way I got to know, well, you all and a bit of Texas.

You have my most heartfelt condolences... It almost sounds too formal, to say so, I feel so devastated I can not only imagine how you will feel.

... J-D.
Al Brisco

John Fabian

Post by Al Brisco »

The Pedal Steel world has lost a giant in the industry.

John shared so much valuable information with myself & everyone over the years...always willing to give the proper assistance to specific challenges.

I know he will be missed by myself & many others.

Betty & I send our condolences to Ann & the family.
Al Brisco
Rob Segal

Post by Rob Segal »

I am shocked; this is a terrible loss to so many personally, and to the steel guitar world as a whole. John was always a friend and forthcoming to me; and he was filled with precious understanding about how to build steel guitars. Ann, please accept my condolences,

Rob Segal
Mike Cass

Post by Mike Cass »

So sorry to hear this sad news. My condolences to John's family and friends.
Mike Cass
Richard Sinkler

Post by Richard Sinkler »

Again, I wish to express my sadness at the loss of such a great man, and as an added blow, the demise of a great steel guitar. This makes my Carter guitar that much more special to me. R.I.P. good buddy.
Carter D10 8p/8k, Dekley S10 3p/4k C6 setup,Regal RD40 Dobro, NV400, NV112 . Playing for 53 years and still counting.
Dave Ristrim

Post by Dave Ristrim »

My God! This is shocking, I feel awful and send my deepest condolences. I've known John for many years and never even considered the steel guitar world without him.
A very sad day for me and everyone else John knew.
mtulbert

Post by mtulbert »

What a total shock!

Ann, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. John was one of the first people I met in the steel guitar community years ago. It was always a pleasure to talk to him about steel and other topics as well.

He never indicated that he was ill even the last time I saw him about a month ago. This is a big loss to our community.
Mark T

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet
Rick Winfield

Condolences

Post by Rick Winfield »

Ann & Family,
Please accept my heart felt sympathies & condolences.
The "steel guitar world" is at a loss without him.
Rick
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Ann & Family -

This is a complete shock as so many have already said.

I only ever had a handful of conversations with John but each time his love and dedication to the steel guitar as well as his commitment to the quality of Carter guitars shone through.

Hs passing is a loss for all of us and even those of us who barely knew him will miss his contributions. This is a sad day and our thoughts are with you.
steve takacs

Post by steve takacs »

A leaf dropped 7000 miles away; I heard it here just now. Condolences to you and the family Ann and a wish for the strength to deal with it all. steve t
Bent Romnes

Post by Bent Romnes »

I was saddened by the news of John's passing. My condolences to Ann
Bent Romnes
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Ann, You and your family are in our prayers at this time. sincerely, Brian and Meryl Henry
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

I never met John personally, but the responses here on the forum speak volumes about the kind of person he obviously was.

My condolences to Ann and family on your loss. John has certainly left a legacy to be proud of.
Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"
Randy Gilliam

Sorry About John.

Post by Randy Gilliam »

Ann I am Very sorry about John, May God Bless You and Your Family In These Troubled Times, Randy Gilliam.
John Coffman

Post by John Coffman »

Our prayers are with you Ann. John will be greatly missed by all.
ShowPro SD10, Mullen RP, Bose S1 Pro, GK MB200, MB500, Bugera T50 Tube amp with SlidgeRig, TC HOF reverb effect.
Steven Black

John's passing

Post by Steven Black »

So sorry to hear this sad news, John has given me inspiration on the steel guitar, he also gave me confidence back towards this fine instrument, also he has touched so many peoples hearts, he really cared about what people thought, he and Bud carter was the only ones who could really build a guitar with a high quality sound and still be light weight and have all the standard features of a traditional steel guitar, the pedal changer on the Carter is the best changer a steel guitar could have, Ann my prayers are with you and John is at peace with God, hang in there. Steve Black.
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

So sorry for your loss Ann. John will be missed.
Bob
John Groover McDuffie

Post by John Groover McDuffie »

Ann, I am very sorry for your loss, and for the loss to the steel guitar community. My sincere condolences.
Doug Dietrich

John Fabian passes - Online Memorial Service

Post by Doug Dietrich »

Ann, I just found out about John. What can be said at a time like this? I am stunned and feel so so sorry for you, your family and the Carter family. Our prayers and sympathy go out to you. I feel so honoured that I was able to work in St. Louis with John, you and the rest of the Carter people. If there's anything at all that I can do please don't hesitate to ask. It's such a helpless feeling but I would be happy to help out in any way.

Deepest sympathy, Doug Dietrich
Rich Peterson

Post by Rich Peterson »

My condolences to Ann and the family. While we steelers have lost a brother, you have lost a life partner and love. Our thoughts are with you.
Alan Kendall

Post by Alan Kendall »

Ann I am so very sorry to here about John. My heart goes out to you at this terribly sad time.