Choice

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jon Graboff

Post by Jon Graboff »

I'm one lucky son of a gun. Not only do I own that beautiful JCH, but I also have this killer Show-Pro! They both sound as good as they look.

… and Roger… no, you can't have my JCH!

Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Jon wrote:

" and Roger… no, you can't have my JCH!"

I just don't know what's happened to this place - where's that old 'esprit de corps', that erstwhile sense of 'hands across the ocean' that once prevailed?

Oh, well.... :)

The Show-Pro is spectacular, too, Jon. I saw Larry Bell's new 12-string last week at his house; they're wonderful guitars and, yes, I suppose I'd like one of those, too!
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
David Mason

Post by David Mason »

You're going to have to give me more money, dude. :roll:
Rick Schmidt

Post by Rick Schmidt »

A D-12 Fulawka with 2 sets of those crossover things. Or maybe a D-12 crossover Williams with 6 pedals (instead of the maximum 5).

Or Larry Bell's guitar....sorry Larry.
Sonny Priddy

steel

Post by Sonny Priddy »

A JCH SD10 If I Could Fine One. SONNY.
Damir Besic

Post by Damir Besic »

I would buy what I already have, so I guess, I`m living my dream... :D

Db
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

I'm pretty well covered,but a new G2 U-12 might be REAL nice.Now if I can just figure out the color scheme.......
Rok Hoblitzell

Post by Rok Hoblitzell »

A Fulwaka... Saw my first one at a Chatanooga Steel Guitar Show years ago and thought it was wonderful. From build to sound it seemed perfect to me.
Rok
Daniele Gilioli

Post by Daniele Gilioli »

Dear Barry. I'm a new forum member and I'm looking at my fist PSG. I'm a musician since years and I would like to approach PSG with MID pro level. As you can by my posts on Pedal steel Index I'm asking and receiveng some offers. Now I was offered a Williams SD10 600 Wood neck. Could you be so kind to send me yr feed back about William quality and Service ? Which is the main difference between ALU or Wood meck? Sorry to ask this easy question but I need to understand in order to choose the right PSG. Tanks in advance. Daniele
Daniele

www.hatsandspurs.it
Bluegrass and country music band
RED Williams PSG, Hilton PV, StroboFlip tuner, Bluegrass Mandolin, Guitar, Banjo, Dobro.
David Mason

Post by David Mason »

I really, really, dearly need more time to play what I already own... seriously, kids, is the reason you don't sound as good as you'd like - a flaw in your toys? Hmmm. Get off the goddam internet, kill the TV. Etc.
Barry Hyman

Post by Barry Hyman »

Daniele,

Williams quality is absolutely superb. As for service, I haven't needed any, but Bill Rudolph always answers the phone and his emails right away, and I'm positive that the service would be as good as the manufacturing.

As for wood neck vs aluminum neck, I'm not sure. Bill Rudolph told me the wood neck might get a little more "growl." I wanted an all-wood psg on principle, and I am delighted with the sound. It definitely "growls" when I want it to. But as for the advantages of an aluminum neck, I don't know. It probably weighs about the same? Maybe an aluminum neck is less susceptible to temperature and humidity changes? But the wood sure sounds good! Probably someone else should chime in here and tell you more...
I give music lessons on several different instruments in Cambridge, NY (between Bennington, VT and Albany, NY). But my true love is pedal steel. I've been obsessed with steel since 1972; don't know anything I'd rather talk about... www.barryhyman.com
Rick Winfield

I have a dreaM

Post by Rick Winfield »

1) MSA
2) Zum
3) ZB
4) Mullen
Rick