Congrats to Boo Bernstein!!

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mike Phillips

Congrats to Boo Bernstein!!

Post by Mike Phillips »

Boo --

I'm so happy that your work (and Gustavo Santaoalla's) on the score for "Brokeback Mountain" was recognized at the Academy Awards tonight. It's a fantastic score, haunting and beautiful.

Enjoy!

Mike
Milton Guilbeau

Post by Milton Guilbeau »

Boo,

Here I am...a middle man...passing on to you via the SG Forum, the kind words from a kind lady, your mother-in-law. Your LoUiSiAna connections are indeed proud of you. Your honor last night is makin' a new Steel Guitar Forum member, Jo Frances Greenlaw, but she could not wait for the 'paper work' to go through and asked me to post her message. Congratulations!

Here it is............
==============================
Bob - What a wonderful award for your creative Brokeback Mountain soundtrack. Wow! It was an Oscar award! We are so happy you received this monumental honor. You make your family very proud from California to New Jersey to Texas. This note is from your Texas mother-in-law, via our Lafayette Louisiana friend since I'm not a Steel Guitar Forum member yet. Jo Frances Greenlaw.
==============================
Boo Bernstein

Post by Boo Bernstein »

Hey, Milton, I just saw this. I am very fortunate to have such a wonderful Mother-in-Law ... my extended family on both my side and my wife's have been tremendously supportive and loving.

Thanks again to everyone for your well-wishes! Boo
Al Terhune

Post by Al Terhune »

Boo -- wow! your name was mentioned as a "thank you" from the stage of the Oscars!

You baaaastard!

Al