Looking for help with price of 2 steels

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Steve Hackney

Looking for help with price of 2 steels

Post by Steve Hackney »

I will be trying to sell two steels for Lee Bartrams widow. One is a Mullen Discovery single ten totally polished. The other is a Rittenberry SD 10. Both are in excellent shape. Hopefully someone can give me a ballpark figure to work with. Thanks in advance.
Jerry Overstreet

Post by Jerry Overstreet »

I really can't help with the prices...I just wanted to say I had not heard that Lee passed. His death should be posted in the Gone Home section. We did a few deals together and shared some communication otherwise.

I only met Teresa briefly when we did a couple exchanges in La Grange.

Great guy. Sorry to hear this.

Lee's gear was always in tip top shape. I hope someone can value these guitars for you to help sell them for Teresa.
Steve Hackney

Post by Steve Hackney »

Jerry. Lee was a great guy and a great picker. I new him for probably 30 years and picked with him several times. Lee has been gone for a little over 2 years.
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

The Discovery is now $2,600 new. The pictures of the estate guitar look like it is in excellent condition. It should be worth between 1800 and $2200, no warranty but also no wait. The Rittenberry is $3,900 new with 4 pedals, 5 knees. Can't tell if the estate guitar has 3 or 4 pedals. The 4th adds value if it is there. Used, in excellent condition it should be worth between $3,000 and $3,500. The higher the price, the slower it will sell. Good luck with the sales.
Mike Mantey

Post by Mike Mantey »

With the polished package that Discovery can bring $2,600 easy.
Jon Light

Post by Jon Light »

I sold a very lightly used Discovery for the widow of my friend. It was upgraded (by me) with a 5th lever (vert) and a split tuning endpiece. Maybe a custom color...not sure. "On paper", $2900 as equipped, new. Maybe more if the color was custom. I asked for and got $2700.
Steve Hackney

Post by Steve Hackney »

Thanks for the info. It's helps a lot.