Older MSA parts?

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Geoff Queen

Older MSA parts?

Post by Geoff Queen »

I'm wondering how hard these are to come by since psgparts.com is gone. I know they made a lot of guitars, so I would guess there are a lot of parts floating around. I'm considering jumping into a older Universal that I'm sure I'd need bell cranks for and possibly a vertical lever. Is there a resource I'm not aware of?
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

MSA Classics used to be by far the easiest steels to get parts for, but things have changed past few years.. not as easily available as they were a few years ago.. However, the first guy I would contact would be Jim at Steel Guitars North County..If he doesn't have what you need he'll know where to get it.. Also, Tom Bradshaw used to be able to get a lot of MSA stuff, not sure if he's still in business..
Also, remember a LOT of these guitars were made, and there are a lot of parts sitting in guys parts drawers doing nothing.. Always worth a shot posting here first when looking for pedal steel parts.... bob
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Geoff Queen

Post by Geoff Queen »

Great suggestions. Thanks Bob.
Wayne Brown

steel guitar parts

Post by Wayne Brown »

You can try here ...We have a very good stock of older MSA parts and are always building stock if we can.
thanks
wayne

outwestcountry.ca
Owner Out West Seats,Cases
www.outwestcountry.ca
Geoff Queen

Post by Geoff Queen »

Thanks Wayne!
Tom Bradshaw

MSA & other Parts

Post by Tom Bradshaw »

You can now get almost any guitar part from Barry Coker in Alabama. His email: firetrkdoc@bellsouth.net

If he is unfamiliar with the part you want, and you can send him an example of it (by sharing another one of the parts from your guitar like you want), he can likely duplicate it. And yes, I'm still in business and sometimes alive! ...Tom (tommybradshaw@gmail.com).
P.S.: Check out my "FREE Instruction & Articles" at https://songwriter.com/bradshaw/chord_construction.php
Geoff Queen

Post by Geoff Queen »

Thank you Tom, I appreciate that info.