SOLD: Emmons-Scale*E9 Lap Steel 10 Str by Clay Alden

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Adam Ollendorff

SOLD: Emmons-Scale*E9 Lap Steel 10 Str by Clay Alden

Post by Adam Ollendorff »

Sold. Thank you! Donation coming.

Custom built by Clay Alden, who is currently building the NEW Emmons push-pull cabinets and creating Emmons-style pickups.

This is a 10-string lap steel tuned to E9 and built to the exact same scale length and string spacing as my 1968 D-10 Emmons split-tail.

Clay built this guitar for me when I was on the road with Kacey Musgraves so that I could keep my chops up on the bus and in the hotel. It also really helped me learn the neck better, not having access to pedals.

No frills, meat and potatoes design, but sure gets the job done. It's really nice to have your Emmons neck backstage with you before a show to stay warm.

Delivered on November 5, 2015.

Pickup hand-wound by Clay. One volume knob, NO tone knob.

Along with the photos of the steel guitar, I have included photos of a six string that Clay built for Patty Loveless when he was touring with her. That guitar is currently on view in Patty's exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville but is not for sale. Just a fun thing to look at. :)

Also, please note that it is Patty's guitar and NOT the E9 sold here that was made with wood from the Ryman.

$475 includes shipping to the lower 48.
'68 Emmons D-10, '67 Emmons S-10 Sho Bud Pro-I, Rickenbacher Panda, Asher EH, Celtic Cross Weissenborn. Senior Music Programs Manager at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum in Nashville.