Fox Vintage Amp High Power Tweed Twin (5F8B) 2x12 combo

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
Chris Marinelli

Fox Vintage Amp High Power Tweed Twin (5F8B) 2x12 combo

Post by Chris Marinelli »

Rare (and somewhat legendary) Fox Vintage Amps High Power Tweed Twin. This one is #30 off the line, and it is housed in a custom low power tweed twin Peter Mather cab with a larger cut-out to accommodate the HP tweed twin chassis. This cab design also allows the use a 15" speaker baffle to be easily swapped. The cab is currently loaded with a pair of 12" Jensen neo Tornado Stealth 100 speakers on Ken Fox's recommendation. Total amp weight is just a shade over 50 lbs. The amp ins in mint condition and works perfectly.

Not much to say about the amp beyond what has already been written all over the forum - do a quick search of fox F58B to see the wealth of glowing reviews! It's a glorious sounding amp for both steel and electric guitar, but I am not gigging any more and it's just too much amp for me to waste sitting around and noodling in my basement...

I'm pricing this at $1800 + actual materials and shipping cost (I'm guessing around $200) anywhere in the lower 48, or $1700 for a local deal. I'm just outside of Pittsburgh and would be willing to drive about an hour in any direction to make a local deal happen.

Would also be interested in a trade for a boutique fender vibrolux or vox style combo amp.

Last edited by Chris Marinelli on 16 Nov 2023 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ken Fox

Amp

Post by Ken Fox »

Love it. Great to see such a nice cabinet and speaker combo

I could not build it for the price your asking

Great deal!
Chris Marinelli

Thanks for the kind words, Ken. You really knocked it out of the park with this one - hopefully it will go to someone who can really crank it up on some nice big stages!
Chris Marinelli

To the top!
Chris Marinelli

To the top!
Chris Marinelli

BUMP
Chris Marinelli

BUMP