PSA about DV Mark Jazz 12

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dan Beller-McKenna

PSA about DV Mark Jazz 12

Post by Dan Beller-McKenna »

I own one of these. It's my second go round: I sold my first when I went to the Quilter TB202 in a blockdock. Moved on from the Quilter so I picked up one of these again when it turned up at a great price. It's extremely light (18lbs) and an excellent amp for bedroom or low volume rehearsing. Acceptable for small room gigs. I happened to replace the stock neo speaker with a Warehouse (12" G12C/S). The amp was only 18 lbs with the neo, so the speaker swap still left the amp a mere 23 lbs or so. With the WGS it is a very good sounding steel amp.

I saw yesterday that Guitar Canter is blowing these out at $260 (with free shipping). That's less than what they are asking for some in their used inventory. This is not a be-all-end-all, only-one-you'd-ever-need amp, but at $260 its a great, super light-weight deal.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/DV-Mark/DV ... 2837098.gc

FWIW.
Dan Beller-McKenna

Post by Dan Beller-McKenna »

I just noticed that it is listed as back ordered. Weird: I assumed they were getting rid of stock. Hmmmmm.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

I considered buying one of these a few years ago to supplement my Jazz guitar itch for archtop guitars. I ended up going back to my acoustic amps. I never considered it for steel. My concern was the power. They seem to have fallen out of favor with Henriksen amps offering a smaller lighter and more powerful amp. Quilter also got some attention with the Micropro 8 combo. I bought the Micropro mach 2 12 inch combo and it has the size and power but not the tone I favored.
Dave Stagner

Post by Dave Stagner »

I've had the 8" "Little Jazz" version for years. It's a killer little amp, and pretty good with pedal steel! I find it a little dark for my taste in electric guitar, but if you like that old Polytone vibe, it's great.

Its best use has actually been as a recording bass amp. I've done a lot of recording with a bass player who LOVED it. He'd play through it and I'd take the DI out to the interface, so we didn't have issues with mic bleed or interface delay.
I don’t believe in pixie dust, but I believe in magic.

1967 ZB D-10
Recording King lap steel with Certano benders