Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Norman Evans

LLoyd Green

Post by Norman Evans »

Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

What year was this, Norman?

He's always been an immaculate player. The cover pic is very early, surely, but not necessarily the same date as the recordings.
Roger Rettig - Emmons D10
(8+9: 'Day' pedals) Williams SD-12 (D13th: 8+6), Quilter TT-12, B-bender Teles and several old Martins.
----------------------------------
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

These were recorded in 1966.
----------------------------------
JCH SD-10 with BL XR-16 pickup, Sho-Bud Volume Pedal, Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables, Quilter Steelaire combo
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Of course Marco is correct. Lloyd had this "Heart" Perm until he turned it in for his new "Fingertip"(the lightening bolt Fingertip he had from 1966-1970
Me and Lloyd Can't find or know where that "Heart Perm" ended up. Here's a pic of him behind it at that time and a clip of him doing a show as a guest Steel player as Jerry Byrd ran the musicians on the show and Connie Smith Singing "If I Talked To Him" and Lloyd on that incredible Sho~bud Permanent.

https://www.facebook.com/1431069985/vid ... 368144604/

Ricky
P.S.Here's a pic of the underneath of the famous "Lightening Bolt Sho~Bud Fingertip"right before I restored it and it was originally dated and signed by Lloyd Green.

Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Bill Sutton

Post by Bill Sutton »

This may be the wrong place for me saying this...But since we're talking about Lloyd I want to say this. Lloyd Green is one of my most Favorite Steel Guitar Pickers. I spend most of my time trying to copy Lloyd...But I also try to copy Tommy White and Steve Palousek. These guys are living Legends of the Steel Guitar...But Lloyd really stands way out because of all the wonderful music and very tough to copy licks that he can play with only 3 pedals and 4 knees. I Respect these men very much...but I respect anyone who can play this wonderful Instrument. There are many great Steel pickers out there...and we have some very good pickers right here on this forum...Ricky Davis...Ron Hogan...Dale Rottacker and Clyde Mattocks just to name A FEW... I think all these guys are Super Pickers and wonderful Human Beings. Just my Opinion. Thank you.

Bill S.
Larry Jamieson

Post by Larry Jamieson »

Wow! There's a plethora of steel playing somewhere north of the top shelf...