FrankenKline

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Sonny Jenkins

FrankenKline

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

I have finally decided that I'm not going to be able to put the finishing touches on this project,,,chronological details are here https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... highlight= the last post asks that you contact me if interested, for more details. Thanks my friends,,,it's been a good run,,,LOL
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

Probably need to clarify some things,,and I would also ask any interested potential buyers to please browse the link provided as the guitar progressed. First let me say that there are NO original Kline parts, other than the little "high dollar" shoulder ferrules that attach the pull rods to the yokes. I built the changer to the very precise specifications that my friend Paul Redmond was kind enough to provide for me, with a little modification to the string attachment (see pics on link). The crossbars are square as opposed to the Kline hex. The yokes (bell cranks) operate the same as Kline but made differently since I didn't have stamping capabilities. The end plates are NOT wrap around Kline type, but 1/4" flat as an integral part of the welded frame, ala Anapeg and new Sierra. I've owned 9 Klines over the years,,,I can honestly say that THIS guitar sustains,,,"sings" better,,,ESPECIALLY above the 12th fret,,all the way to the bridge. I'm in no huge hurry to sell it,,,a potential buyer needs to contact me for a discussion,,,,and they need to have the ability to take the guitar to completion of it's full benefits.
Rick Troyer

Post by Rick Troyer »

sent you a pm Sonny,, Rick at Hummingbird Music
Sonny Jenkins

Post by Sonny Jenkins »

Basically needs rodding, pedals and pedal bar cleaned up and polished,,adjustments and tweaking associated with assembly of a new piece of mechanical equipment.
Barry Coker

Post by Barry Coker »

Hi Sonny I hate to hear that your hand issues have gotten worse I wish we lived closer to each other I'd come over and help you finish this Beautiful Guitar. Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better.

Barry
Zum-D-10, Webb 614-E, 65 Pro Reverb, Evans RE200, 69 Gibson Birdland, 89 Telecaster EAD Bad!!