Sold!!

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Sara Young

Sold!!

Post by Sara Young »

Very well taken care of. Carter double neck pedal steel guitar.

This is the same pedal steel that is in the picture with Rusty. In 2013, Rusty Young was inducted into the Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.

$3,500 OBO

Check him out in this video.. rockin out on THIS pedal steel:

https://youtu.be/GsfgWcVbwXo

Last edited by Sara Young on 2 Dec 2022 3:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Steve Pawlak

Post by Steve Pawlak »

Excellent video
I saw Rusty "Pull a Hendrix" with Poco in the mid 70's
RIP
David Farrell

Post by David Farrell »

Cool guitar! Rusty was rad on that steel! RIP Rusty Young
Dave

Fender pedal steels, amps & guitars. '73 Sho~Bud PRO 1 CUSTOM. Emmons ReSound'65 S-10 4x5.
Jim Cohen

Post by Jim Cohen »

Wow. A chance to own one of Rusty Young's guitars. I'm gonna have to think about that... He was my first exposure to pedal steel (Kind Woman), well before I'd ever heard of Buddy Emmons, Lloyd Green, Maurice Anderson, Jimmy Day or any of the other greats. I remember bringing "Pickin' Up the Pieces" into Scotty's Music one day in 1970 to play it for Scotty. At the time, he'd never heard of Rusty or Poco but boy did his ears perk up when he heard "Consequently So Long", "Grand Junction" and several of the other songs that featured Rusty. And boy did I feel proud for him when, 43 years later in 2013, he was inducted into the ISGHOF. I was so sorry that I couldn't be present for his induction as my mother was very ill at the time, but it gave me great satisfaction to know that he had been given this recognition by his peers. Though we'd met briefly after a few of the many Poco concerts I attended, I can't say I knew him personally. But I can say that I will personally miss him and - oh, yes, the chance to own one of his guitars, well... Imma have to sit down and think about that seriously...
Sara Young

Post by Sara Young »

Jim Cohen wrote:Wow. A chance to own one of Rusty Young's guitars. I'm gonna have to think about that... He was my first exposure to pedal steel (Kind Woman), well before I'd ever heard of Buddy Emmons, Lloyd Green, Maurice Anderson, Jimmy Day or any of the other greats. I remember bringing "Pickin' Up the Pieces" into Scotty's Music one day in 1970 to play it for Scotty. At the time, he'd never heard of Rusty or Poco but boy did his ears perk up when he heard "Consequently So Long", "Grand Junction" and several of the other songs that featured Rusty. And boy did I feel proud for him when, 43 years later in 2013, he was inducted into the ISGHOF. I was so sorry that I couldn't be present for his induction as my mother was very ill at the time, but it gave me great satisfaction to know that he had been given this recognition by his peers. Though we'd met briefly after a few of the many Poco concerts I attended, I can't say I knew him personally. But I can say that I will personally miss him and - oh, yes, the chance to own one of his guitars, well... Imma have to sit down and think about that seriously...
So cool! I'm so proud of my dad. Hearing these stories makes my day! Thank you :)
Daniel Stein

rusty

Post by Daniel Stein »

let me just say:

rusty was one of the kindest guys I've worked with doing roadie work (beacon theater Hopewell va)

it was January of 2020, just before covid. The house twin reverb amp was funky, I let him use mine I had in my car (glady offered it!)

they put on a great show and got autograph from the whole band on a day sheet. I rarely ask as I'm there to work and remain somewhat professional lol

load out was smooth and said goodbye to the guys and went on home.

I'll remember this story for a long time, got to meet one one my favorite steel players before he left this world

my dad passed june of 2021 and found a old setlist of his band he was a roadie for. Crazy love was on that set, I'd say it was around the time it came out in 78?

not too many 24 years olds know about the great country rock pickers, glad I do

I try to get funky like rusty did in my steel playing, keep that style alive!

have a great one!

good luck on the sale, I'd get it if I could!
Guitar,Bass,Drums,PSG,Lapsteel,Mandolin,Banjo
1978 sho bud pro 2 d10 8x5
1971 Emmons d10 8x4
Quilter mach 3
Sho bud single channel amp
Custom Tele with Fralins,Matney B bender and Warmoth neck
Fender telecaster bass with fralin pickup
Yamaha fretless bass
MarkBass 1x12 (Bass rig)
1973 Slingerland Drumkit with Old zildjian cymbals
Yamaha modx 6 (keyboard)
yamaha sv120 fiddle
1979 washburn Jethro burns mandolin (with LR baggs pickup)
2022 deering deluxe banjo (dotson bridge, emg acb pickup)
Jim Hollingsworth

Post by Jim Hollingsworth »

TTT .... wish I had some cash to get this guitar. Heck! I'd buy Rusty's finger picks if they were on the market.
Perhaps my all time favorite steel player.
Sara Young

Post by Sara Young »

Jim Hollingsworth wrote:TTT .... wish I had some cash to get this guitar. Heck! I'd buy Rusty's finger picks if they were on the market.
Perhaps my all time favorite steel player.

That’s amazing! Send me a PM and I can take a look around for something to send to you. :)
Sara Young

Re: rusty

Post by Sara Young »

Daniel Stein wrote:let me just say:

rusty was one of the kindest guys I've worked with doing roadie work (beacon theater Hopewell va)

it was January of 2020, just before covid. The house twin reverb amp was funky, I let him use mine I had in my car (glady offered it!)

they put on a great show and got autograph from the whole band on a day sheet. I rarely ask as I'm there to work and remain somewhat professional lol

I'll remember this story for a long time, got to meet one one my favorite steel players before he left this world

my dad passed june of 2021 and found a old setlist of his band he was a roadie for. Crazy love was on that set, I'd say it was around the time it came out in 78?

have a great one!

I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing a father is such heartbreak 💔
Daniel Stein

Re: rusty

Post by Daniel Stein »

Sara Young wrote:
Daniel Stein wrote:let me just say:

have a great one!

I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing a father is such heartbreak 💔

thank you, it is hard but it's life. We just recall the good memories and keep on living!

speaking of good memories, let pull out my pops old acoustic
Guitar,Bass,Drums,PSG,Lapsteel,Mandolin,Banjo
1978 sho bud pro 2 d10 8x5
1971 Emmons d10 8x4
Quilter mach 3
Sho bud single channel amp
Custom Tele with Fralins,Matney B bender and Warmoth neck
Fender telecaster bass with fralin pickup
Yamaha fretless bass
MarkBass 1x12 (Bass rig)
1973 Slingerland Drumkit with Old zildjian cymbals
Yamaha modx 6 (keyboard)
yamaha sv120 fiddle
1979 washburn Jethro burns mandolin (with LR baggs pickup)
2022 deering deluxe banjo (dotson bridge, emg acb pickup)
Jim Hollingsworth

Ttt for a great guitar owned by one of the all time greats!
Sara Young

Post by Sara Young »

Jim Hollingsworth wrote:Ttt for a great guitar owned by one of the all time greats!
:) :) :)
Paul Mozen

Post by Paul Mozen »

:) :D
Jim Hollingsworth

TTT for one of my all time favorites!

jim
Jim Hollingsworth

I wish I could buy this guitar. Rusty was my hero....
Jim Hollingsworth

To the top for one of the best players out there!