Straight Ahead Class D Amps by Jay Ganz

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Dan Kelly

Straight Ahead Class D Amps by Jay Ganz

Post by Dan Kelly »

Here is a shout out to Jay Ganz for the two great Straight Ahead Class D Amps he made me. THANK YOU, Jay

The amps arrived in good shape and were very well packaged. The shipping weight of the package was about 4.5 pounds... Light weight for 1000 Watts!

I purchased 2 Straight Ahead amps... one for each output channel because I replaced a heavy MosValve MV962 "Stereo" amp in my 6U rack case.

The Straight Ahead amps certainly ARE small and lightweight... for sure! I mounted them both on a 2U shelf in my 6U rack case. There is plenty of room left over on that shelf for good air circulation.

The weight of my 6U rack case is much more easily managed now! BTW, I have a Sarno Rev Preamp, Lexicon MX 300 effects unit and a power strip in the case as well.

The amps are very powerful. I have them set at about 3/8ths of full volume and my Sarno Rev Master volume is at 2. I will be in a bigger venue in a couple of weeks and will be able to open up the amps to higher volumes then.

At the current volume, the amps sound clear and clean. They do not seem to add any color or character to the sound. They let the Sarno Rev stand on its own from a tone standpoint.

Great stuff and just what I was looking for! The weight reduction was key in my decision to go with the Straight Ahead amps and I am not disappointed.

THANKS Jay!

blah, blah, blah.
Hey You Kids! Get Off My Lawn!
blah, blah, blah.
Pat Moore

Post by Pat Moore »

I also ordered one from Jay on the recommendation from Danny Harrell!
Real nice clean, powerful small amp! I run my Black Box into my Evans preamp into it then into a B/W 1501 cabinet. Great price, shipping, setup & Sound!
And yes, Thanks Jay and Danny!👍👍🎶
Steve Hinson

yep

Post by Steve Hinson »

Haven't tried the SA with the Kemper yet, but it sounds great with the Iridium!Loud and clean!

SH
Carl Williams

Straight Ahead Power Amp

Post by Carl Williams »

Dan, looks like a great rack with Jay’s Power Amps leading the way…has to be a huge/great sound! In fact, Jay will be building mine soon …👍.
Mitchell Smithey

Post by Mitchell Smithey »

I agree, these are great little amps. Plenty of power for anything I need. Great product!
Marty Nemanick

Post by Marty Nemanick »

Jay builds a solid product and he stands behind them, the best sounding class D amp I've tried and I have bought and sold quite a few. I have 2 racks with them with Profex II's and one spare, extremely quiet, powerful, and transparent!