Parts For Pedal Steel Guitars

For people who build steel guitars

Moderator: J D Sauser

Ken Franzetta

Parts For Pedal Steel Guitars

Post by Ken Franzetta »

Anyone know where I can find a sideplate for my 1982 Marrs S10. The rear leg hole has stripped. ( not the leg- all legs wobble in
this hole.) Not side plate with window, so easy fix if I can find the part.
This is the first Marrs S10 Dwayne made. Serial #0032. Had Sho Pro undercarrige rebuild by Dwayne and Jeff Surratt shortly before Dwayne's death. This is a very special Steel to me and I would appreciate any help in finding this part.
Call or text Ken at 407 497-2443. Thanks
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

It's unlikely you'll find a replacement end plate, but the stripped leg socket can be repaired. You can drill it out, re-tap it at a larger thread size then use a threaded insert to return it to the original size (probably 1/2-13). Look here: https://www.mcmaster.com/threaded-inser ... ze~1-2-13/.

Another approach is to drill a larger hole and fill it with a piece of solid aluminum dowel, then drill and tap that to the correct size. Any machine shop can do that sort of work, or if you're handy and have a good drill press and taps you could do it yourself.

Good luck!
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Johnie King

Post by Johnie King »

Chris Brooks

Post by Chris Brooks »

Ken, somewhat off topic: Were you and I bandmates with Ira Allen at Mesquite, Nevada, in the mid '80s? And back in Nashville you took me to meet Duane?

Apologies if I have the wrong guy!

Chris