Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

John Sims

Show us your practice room...

Post by John Sims »

Show us your practice room! :D

Regards,

John

Steelin' is a way of life!

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).
Samuel Phillippe

Post by Samuel Phillippe »

I would ..but... you can't see the equipment through the junk
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

:lol: Funny Samuel! I JUST got done cleaning mine up...That's why I took a pic! I can see clearly now...
Regards,

John

1997 Carter U-12 Double Body-Natural Birdseye Maple-8p/5k, Peavey Nashville 1000 Amp, Goodrich L10K Vol. Pedal, Boss DD-3 Delay, Boss CE-5 Chorus, Behringer UMC-204HD Audio Interface, AKAI MPK Mini MK3 Professional Midi Keyboard/Controller, Gretsch Bobtail Resonator, Fender Banjo, Rondo SX Lap Steel (C6), DIY Lap Steel (Open D), a few Mojo Hand Cigar Box Guitars (MojoHandGuitars.com).
Edward Dixon

Post by Edward Dixon »

here's mine...

"Faith don't need no second opinion."
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

VERY nice Ed! Is that a programmable pedal board?
Regards,

John

Edward Dixon

Post by Edward Dixon »

That's a Kemper Stage I just got a few months ago.
"Faith don't need no second opinion."
Larry Ball

Post by Larry Ball »

Mullen SD10, Sho~Bud SD10 LDG, Show-Pro SD10 LDG, Peavey Nashville 112, Telonic's F100 Multi-Taper Super Pro V/P, too many other guitars, amps and effects to mention.
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

Thanks Larry! I'm showing this to my wife who says I don't have room for a second steel haha!
Regards,

John

b0b

Post by b0b »

This is the practice rig right now. I record the reference tracks on 7&8 of the Zoom R8, then run the steel through the Strymon DIG and Iridium into tracks 1&2. Listen on headphones. The R8 is great for learning parts because you can easily loop a segment and set markers.

I'm learning some Beatles bass parts now which is why there's no steel in the picture. This is the same setup I used to record the D6th Chromatic demo songs I posted recently.

The Milkman amp is there for jamming with with friends. I haven't been recording it.
-๐•“๐•†๐•“- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

I see your still using the Sony headphones b0b. I hope they are to your liking!
Regards,

John

b0b

Post by b0b »

John Sims wrote:I see your still using the Sony headphones b0b. I hope they are to your liking!
They sound great! Wife isn't happy with them, though. Too hard to get my attention. :lol:
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

I know that feeling...Mine's called me for dinner numerous times, and when I get up to go to the kitchen, she's in bed and my dinner is cold... :lol:
Regards,

John

Doug Taylor

Post by Doug Taylor »

Jim Pollard

Post by Jim Pollard »

Clearly I've still got a lot of room left to fill!
Larry Hopkins

Practice room

Post by Larry Hopkins »

,peavey renown 115,Vegas 400, Peavey envoy, peavy bandit 65 head,baby bloomer
2 -Nashville 400, Emmons SD-10 legrande lll ,Emmons Black Rock ,sho-bud pac a seat,,;
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

Beautiful Legrande III Larry!
Regards,

John

b0b

Most of the room

Post by b0b »

On seeing others, I realized that I didn't really show the room. Here it is, one side of it anyway. From the other side you would see the windows, the CD collection, and the stereo.

The Sierra is in its case (lower right), waiting to go to Sacramento for the jam tomorrow. :D

John Sims

Post by John Sims »

Very nice b0b! What steel is the blue one?
Regards,

John

b0b

Post by b0b »

John Sims wrote:Very nice b0b! What steel is the blue one?
It's a Desert Rose Vintage Pro. There are links to recordings of it in this post.
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

I find it interesting how different everyone's music room is, but when you start comparing them, you see that they are also very similar in a lot of ways.

RC
Larry Ball

Post by Larry Ball »

For those whoโ€™s โ€œWifeโ€ etc have trouble attracting your attention while you are playing with headphones on, here is an option. Have her turn the lights on/off ( if your room is dark enough) that will get your attention. Because if you concentrate like I go it stops you from filling your pants when she taps you on the shoulder.
Mullen SD10, Sho~Bud SD10 LDG, Show-Pro SD10 LDG, Peavey Nashville 112, Telonic's F100 Multi-Taper Super Pro V/P, too many other guitars, amps and effects to mention.
Bill Cunningham

Post by Bill Cunningham »

Mine is a work in progress for a couple of years. 700 sq. ft. in the basement. I can have a band in and planning to get some drums and a keyboard. Just finally ordered a studio desk this weekend and going to set up a home recording rig. I built a deep 10 ft. closet to store instruments and amps.

There is insulation in the ceiling and I can play as loud as anyone should and not disturb my wifeโ€™s television session directly above me.
Bill Cunningham
Atlanta, GA
John Sims

Post by John Sims »

That's funny Larry! I face the door so she can't make me do that! Bill, beautiful room sir!
Regards,

John

Lafe Brown

Post by Lafe Brown »

Image [/img]
Studio One 5.5 2
Tim Harr

Post by Tim Harr »

Tim Harr

Mullen G2 D-10 (9p/5k)
Retired, US Army Band (Steel/Dobro/Guitar)
Kemper Profiler / LW 89