Randy Beavers at TSGA

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Tony Palmer

Randy Beavers at TSGA

Post by Tony Palmer »

So many magic moments at the jamboree but I was so impressed with the playing of Randy Beavers….especially and specifically how he played fabulous jazz C6 sounds on his single neck three pedal Zumsteel! Amazing technique and of course it was great to see him back out playing again.
Sierra S10 (three!), Peavey 112 and 115, Benoit dobro, Beard Model E dobro, Beard Roadophonic, MSA Superslide, Dean Nickless custom dobro
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

Yes sir,Randy is really something to hear. I love his work also. He gets a big sound out of one neck.
Paul King

Post by Paul King »

Randy plays an E9th tuning and is a monster player. I can not find 1/4 of the stuff he finds in that tuning.
Last edited by Paul King on 14 Mar 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Swartz

Post by Scott Swartz »

Randy's command of the E9 and how to fluidly get any complex melodic movement is off the charts. Great tone and time also.
Scott Swartz
Steeltronics - Steel Guitar Pickups
www.steeltronics.com
Chris Templeton

Post by Chris Templeton »

A great version of "Night Life" on Randy's single neck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-CDkb7KQY
Excel 3/4 Pedal With An 8 String Hawaiian Neck, Tapper (10 string with a raised fretboard to fret with fingers), Single neck Fessenden 3/5
Joe Krumel

Post by Joe Krumel »

wow,did not expect that. Randy can really pull every last nugget out of that thing,wow.
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Randy is off the charts with talent. Plus his tone on that P2P is heavenly. What a wonderful pairing. Sadly I had to miss the Jamboree. Hopefully next year I can arrange the trip. With any luck he will be back in Baxter Springs this year.
Bob Carlucci

Post by Bob Carlucci »

Chris Templeton wrote:A great version of "Night Life" on Randy's single neck:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct-CDkb7KQY
oh, c'mon.. I mean,,, seriously........ Thats just so unfair.. :eek: ....
I'm over the hill and hittin'rocks on the way down!

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......
Steve Mueller

Post by Steve Mueller »

Nice ideas Randy!!
2016 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2015 Williams D12 8 x 8, 2023 Williams S12 4 x 5, Milkman Amps, 1974 Gibson Byrdland
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Sorry to miss the TSGA

When I first met Randy years back in Saluda SC, I said to myself, now here is a typical, normal , nice guy

Then he played a his set.

I then said to myself , I take it all back, he is anything but typical, normal ! :lol:

Randy is that quiet neighbor who is outside raking leaves then goes inside and plays Flight of the Bumble Bee on his Ukulele , which he probably does !

I've run into Randy several times over the years, including Downtown Nashville, always spot on, always inspiring, always humble.

Like I said---Sorry to miss the TSGA
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
bob drawbaugh

Post by bob drawbaugh »

It was great to see Randy on stage again. He played with so much emotion. About half way in his set I heard an older gentelman behind me say, "imagine if he had a double neck guitar." I just looked at my wife and smiled. He couldn't have been better.
John De Maille

Post by John De Maille »

Randy's command of the steel guitar is absolutely unmeasurable.We've had him play at our PSGA show several times and he always, ALWAYS blew me away. He is one truly phenomenal musician! He is certainly a teat to listen to.
Dale Foreman

Randal Beavers

Post by Dale Foreman »

Randal put on a very emotional show at that TSGA this year. He sounded great as usual and one of the reasons is he was using one of Mike Scaggs built P2P Bad Dawg amps. I was very fortunate that Mike brought one of his amps to the Rittenberry booth for me to try out and his amps are killer!
Rittenberry Prestige(2)
Ron Hall

Post by Ron Hall »

Y’all are killing me! I somehow managed to miss Randy’s set. I don’t know what happened but I got the time wrong or something. Hopefully he’ll be back next year.