Li'l Izzy Question

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Mitch Ellis

Li'l Izzy Question

Post by Mitch Ellis »

Hello,
What is the purpose of the Li'l Izzy? What is it supposed to do to the sound of a steel guitar? Is it basically the same thing as a Goodrich Matchbox? Thank you.

Mitch
Mitch Ellis

Post by Mitch Ellis »

Hey Georg.
Is it supposed to clean the tone or give more sustain or something? I have almost no experience with these devises. I know that the Li'l Izzy plugs into the endplate. Could it plug into the volume pedal instead? Thank you.

Mitch
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

It could plug in the volume pedal, but you would lose the effect of it. It needs to be first in line behind the pickup.

Just like the Matchbox, Black Box, Electric Volume Pedals and the like, it is a subtle device, meant to match impedance.

If you use a Telonics or a Hilton volume pedal, the Liz' would almost be overkill.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.