Meatloaf

Musical topics not directly related to steel guitar

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Janice Brooks

Rich Upright

Meatloaf

Post by Rich Upright »

Sad to see that Marvin Lee Aday, AKA Meatloaf has passed. Their "Bat out of Hell" was one of the few albums where every single song on it was a winner. Never realized how good a singer he was untill I hear him do the National Anthem at a baseball game. RIP Meat.
A couple D-10s,some vintage guitars & amps, & lotsa junk in the gig bag.
John Larson

Post by John Larson »

Todd Rundgren's guitar work on the title track is just superb.
Rejoice in the Lord, O ye righteous; praise is meet for the upright. Give praise to the Lord with the harp, chant unto Him with the ten-stringed psaltery. Sing unto Him a new song, chant well unto Him with jubilation. For the word of the Lord is true, and all His works are in faithfulness. The Lord loveth mercy and judgement; the earth is full of the mercy of the Lord.
- Psalm 33:1-5
Brint Hannay

Post by Brint Hannay »

I read his name often, but never heard any of his music. In his heyday, I wasn't listening to pop music of the day. I, too, am impressed by his National Anthem at the baseball game. Guy could sing!
RIP

I believe his professional name was Meat Loaf, not Meatloaf. Which led to a funny comment I read or heard somewhere years ago, about the New York Times's policy of referring to everyone in their articles as "Mr. ______" or "Ms. ______". So, "Mr. Loaf"???