Alkire EHarp and Amperite volume pedal

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Dennis Waltman

Alkire EHarp and Amperite volume pedal

Post by Dennis Waltman »

I just picked up this 10 string EHarp and old volume pedal from the nephew of the original owner who thought they were from the early 1950s.. I need to find some tuner buttons but everything works so far. I have not tried the pedal and will carefully lubricate it before swinging it through it’s travel.
Is this a Valco made or Epiphone made steel? Has anyone had any experience with the Amperite pedal?
I’m not sure if I’ll keep these at this point but I look forward to getting them back in playing condition. Thanks, Dennis
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

You should be able to locate tuner buttons at: www.stewmac.com
erv
Jack Hanson

Post by Jack Hanson »

It's a Valco. X34555 would indicate 1954 as the year it matriculated from Chicago.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

It is the first valco model. I have one of the pedals. I really don’t use it but it is in my Alkire collection
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Let me know if you want to sell it. I had one early on but sold it, but now I have every model in my collection except this one . I would like to complete my eharp collection.
Check out my latest video: My Biggest Fears Learning Steel at 68: https://youtu.be/F601J515oGc
Joe Elk

Post by Joe Elk »

Bill that are mighty lot of Steels!!!!!!!!!
Joe Elk Central Ohio
Dennis Waltman

Post by Dennis Waltman »

Erv, thanks for the Stewmac link, I’m already a frequent flyer there. From all the photos I could find on the web, they look like standard white Kluson style buttons.

Jack, thanks for the DOB response.

Bill, There’s high likelihood that I’ll sell it as I had different one for many years and didn’t play it much. My eight string aluminum Clinesmith is where I’m focusing all of my musical energy lately. I have a nearly flawless original case that came with it as well as a Alkire EHarp steel bar. The guitar itself is nearly flawless except for the missing tuner buttons.
Bill McCloskey

Post by Bill McCloskey »

Yeah, I've had to change the tuners on every one I've gotten. They just crumble over time. I have a guitar tech who has changed all of mine.