Tascam Model 12

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Bill Dobkins

Tascam Model 12

Post by Bill Dobkins »

I bought a Tascam model 12. It is awesome. I've owned a lot of home type recorders but is the best. I call it my little monster. It's so simple to use and the sound quality is the best I've ever had. I highly recommend it.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
George Redmon

Post by George Redmon »

I've been looking at those Bill. I may just get one. I tried a little Zoom unit which was pretty nice, but this Tascam looks like a better unit. It's easy to use right? I don't mind a basic learning curve, but some of that Digital stuff is over my head.
David Graves

Post by David Graves »

Ok Bill.... don’t be stingy. Let’s hear some of what you’ve been up to. I’m sure it’s good.
St. Blues 1984 "Holy Grail"
Take the time to introduce someone young to music... and play a few songs with someone old.
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

George Redmon wrote:I've been looking at those Bill. I may just get one. I tried a little Zoom unit which was pretty nice, but this Tascam looks like a better unit. It's easy to use right? I don't mind a basic learning curve, but some of that Digital stuff is over my head.
Gearge, It's so simple to use. If you get one I'll walk you through it. I'm blowed away at how clean it is.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Bill Dobkins

Post by Bill Dobkins »

David Graves wrote:Ok Bill.... don’t be stingy. Let’s hear some of what you’ve been up to. I’m sure it’s good.
OK David, I posted a song I was playing with to learn how to use it. No Steel.
Custom Rittenberry SD10
Boss Katana 100 Amp
Positive Grid Spark amp
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Carl McLaughlin

Tascam

Post by Carl McLaughlin »

I have an older Korg D888 digital recorder 8 in with a lot of the same features,works great.I have made many good recording with it.Buy a GOOD PREAMP for your vocal and a good mic,you will find a GREAT difference in your Vocal recordings.

Carl
PS A GOOD PRE AMP and Decent Condenser mic will run about $900.00 total.
Now have a SX 6 string lap in G,.A Tele plus telecaster, Larrivee acoustic.Also have a Fender resonator guitar with new Quarterman cone and spider,and an Allan tailpiece.Playing through a Fender Super Champ XD,using a little delay on the amp and a Harmonix Holy Grail Echo pedal,set on Hall turned to about 1pm.Just got a Fender Dual 6 Stringmaster style. Bought a Yamaha FGX5 Recently and love it.