Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Greg Lambert

Focusrite 3rd Gen or Presonus Audiobox solo 96

Post by Greg Lambert »

Which would you recommend ?
Ken Morgan

Post by Ken Morgan »

Never had any luck with Presonus, lots of people have though…as for Focusrite I really like the Clarett series.

Last interface I bought was Steinberg UC812…great unit, better than decent preamps, stable as can be on USB3
67 Shobud Blue Darling III, scads of pedals and such, more 6 strings than I got room for

Ken Morgan
Midland, TX
Rick Campbell

Post by Rick Campbell »

I've used Presonus gear for years, and I like it. I use Studio One as my DAW and I know my Presonus gear will be compatible with it. On the other hand, I've heard nothing but good things about the Focusrite equipment. The others get good reviews also. I don't really think it makes much difference on the consumer level equipment. I stay with Presonus because of the insured compatibility. Whatever you get, be prepared to have a lot of fun with it.

RC
John Macy

Post by John Macy »

I have a Focusrite 3rd generation Scarlett 18i20 in one of my portable ProTools rigs and it sounds great and is rock solid. We have high end Lynx and Antelope interfaces at our studios and UA Apollo in my home studios and it holds up pretty well sonically with all of them. I do use mostly external preamps with it.
John Macy
Rockport, TX
Engineer/Producer/Steel Guitar
Greg Lambert

Post by Greg Lambert »

Thanks guys I appreciate the response !!
Greg Lambert

Made my mind up

Post by Greg Lambert »

I bought the Presonus Audiobox 96. A great unit for 4 days. Till It started dropping out and had to be restarted several times per every 10 minutes before it finally crapped out. My Lexicon Alpha , that I have had for many many years , has never gave me a problem. I just wanted to update my studio.

A few years ago I bought a presonus Studio Channel that was a great investment for a few months till it died. Presonus wanted $175 to repair the unit. It cost $299 new. I didnt send it to presonus.

The Audiobox will be the last presonus hardware that I buy.