1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and ?

Q&A about PGMusic's popular accompaniment software

Moderator: David Collins

Dom Franco

1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and ?

Post by Dom Franco »

I love BIAB and most of the time I can find a REAL TRACKS style to fit the chord progression of the song I am working on. But some songs have "Pushed" or "Kicked" chords that are part of the groove. Chords that don't change on "Downbeat" 1, 2, 3, 0r 4. They land on the "AND" or "Upbeat"

Is there any way to enter chords on the "Upbeat" (In between 1, 2, 3, or 4...
Thanks
Dom Franco
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Add ^ ahead of a chord to push by 1/8 note, ^^ to push by 1/16. You can get more granular control of an entire measure in the "Chord Settings" dialog, press Alt+F5 or right click on the bar and select from the menu (this is for the Windows ver - don't know about Mac)
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon
Dom Franco

Post by Dom Franco »

Thank you so much can’t wait to try this!
Dom Franco

Post by Dom Franco »

It worked great... on all the instruments except the real drums...Am I missing something else, or do I need to program a groove on another drum machine and sync it up?
Ian Worley

Post by Ian Worley »

Dom Franco wrote:It worked great... on all the instruments except the real drums...Am I missing something else, or do I need to program a groove on another drum machine and sync it up?
Yep, real drums samples all seem to be full measures, so they is what they is. You can export real tracks as midi (although not note-for-note) but I don't believe that works with real drums.

I've never tried to sync BIAB to an external device via midi but it should be doable. Also, newer versions of BIAB include a plugin so it operates within your DAW like a soft synth, which will keep everything synced up correctly via midi tempo. You could also regenerate the song in BIAB with midi drums and export that midi to your DAW along with the audio of the other instruments, tweak the drum track to your liking there using your favorite drum plugin.
All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest - Paul Simon