Hallelujah by Melinda Rozsahegyi-tab by Mike Sullivan

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Michael Sullivan

Hallelujah by Melinda Rozsahegyi-tab by Mike Sullivan

Post by Michael Sullivan »

Several years ago I decided to learn how to play the pedal steel guitar and my wife was not very happy with the old country songs that were in my tablature library. So, she did an internet search and found this beautiful rendition of Hallelujah by Melinda Razsahegyi on YouTube. She said "learn this and I'll be happy". I had just started out and said "well I need to learn how to play"this thing" first, it's not that easy. Last week she asked me again "why won't you learn to play Hallelujah for me". So, with some experience under my belt I tabbed it out note for note, downloaded the backing track (attached is the page showing the custom settings for which parts to mute) from www.karaoke-version.com and finally made her smile. I contacted Melinda and she gave me her blessing to share it with everyone here on the Steel Forum. I believe it to be accurate but if you see something out of place please accept my apologies, I tried my best.This songs starts off deceptively simple but quickly advances and will take some practice to get it under your belt, for me it was a humbling but very rewarding experience. I hope you enjoy it as much as my wife did!
Thank you Melinda, while your YouTube post goes back to 2013 this is one song that will make steel players happy for a very long time.
Lafe Brown

Post by Lafe Brown »

Thank you for tabbing this, Mike. It's a beautiful song and Melinda plays it so well.
Pete Bailey

Post by Pete Bailey »

I would love to see some more of Melinda's playing. She has a great touch on the psg.
Jim Peter

Post by Jim Peter »

Thanks for tabbing this out Mike. Always loved her arrangement and am looking forward to working this out. Also thanks to your wife for pushing you in this direction. :)

Jim
Dave Dube

Post by Dave Dube »

I really liked Melinda's rendition when I heard it. Thanks for tabbing it Mike. This should be fun to play with.
Charles Forsyth

Hallelujah

Post by Charles Forsyth »

Mike,

Many thanks for this, I have just discovered your TAB.

Charles.
GFI SD10 and Fender Champion 100 amp. Goodrich OMNI. Zoom MS-70 CDR.