Sho-Bud Super Pro 8X5 1979

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Blake Matthies

Post by Blake Matthies »

Sho Bud Super Pro, 1979, Emmons set up, 8X5, D2F cover, leg bag, new case. This guitar has been "Cooped" with Coop under carriage, changer, headstocks. Pickups are TrueTone Sho-Bud repros by Jerry Wallace(both measure 17.3 on my meter).I am told the laquered body was done by Mark Giles(anyone who knows for sure can chime in). The story goes....Coop apparently passed when he had this guitar in for restoration. When the owner picked it up all the hardware, etc was done, crossbars were installed, but the guitar was not fully assembled. The owner traded this into Chuck Back at the Dallas show years ago(10 yrs ago?) for a new Desert Rose steel and Chuck assembled this guitar here in Tucson at his shop. Plays and sounds great and has been recently tuned up by Chuck. A couple disclaimers: Small body imperfection on the front right corner by the end plate(see pic). Also, who ever installed the cross bars prior to trade in drilled through(barely cracked the finish)a couple times between the necks, Chuck installed a piece of plexi-glass over the area(see pics) rather than trying to do a mini-refin and two, tiny spots. Makes for a handy place to put picks and bar w/o dinging the guitar. Neither of these items affects the playability of this beautiful guitar. $2500 plus shipping and any PayPal fees or extra insurance if the buyer requests it. I have an excellent source for shipping and the guitar will be packed/boxed very well .
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yes "Rope Inlay" on a superpro is extremely hard to find; even if there is one; so Mark probably did it. I had one at the house back in 2010-ish....maybe it was this one for some reason I had it; maybe I picked it up from Mark after body finished and sent it to Coop....??? sorry I can't remember a lot of detail memory before 2015 brain injury....but this is stunning....and worth waaaaaaaaaaaay more than 2500.00 bux; I wouldn't ask anything under 3500.00 for it....
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Email Ricky: sshawaiian2362@gmail.com
Blake Matthies

Post by Blake Matthies »

Thanks for the info, Ricky! You know, I had never seen rope on a Super Pro before, either. So Mark probably did do this. I also haven't seen the card suits on a Super Pro apron before. Someone is going to get a great guitar here!
Blake
Neil Lang

Post by Neil Lang »

..........Damn..........I get weak in the knees every time I see a nice BUD! This is an EXTRA NICE Example with the "overhaul" it has!!!! :whoa: :whoa:
Ricky....I've seen a couple others with rope inlay....both Black finish.
Sho-Bud Steel Guitars, 3 Super Pro's, 1 Super Pro II (Rose) & 1 Finger Tip
Fender Guitars & Basses
Peavey Amps & Sound Equipment
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yes I got a box of sho-bud plates, card suits, bars, lighters, belt buckles , and other miscellaneous things from when Shot Jackson passed away, early 90's. I was so gracious to accept that as a gift and I believe those card suits came from me, either i gave them to Mark G, to put on or Coop put them on.
Soooooooo cool to see this again, makes me miss my ole partner John Coop, and James Morehead.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Skip Edwards

Post by Skip Edwards »

Wow... not to intrude on your thread, but I've wondered whatever became of this steel for a while. I've asked Chuck & Mark G, and they weren't sure. but here it is.
Wish I could snag it, but can't right now. Good luck on the sale...
Here's a pre-restoration pic that shows how really beautiful the wood on this guitar is...

Blake Matthies

Post by Blake Matthies »

Skip, as far as I know, after Chuck assembled it, our friend, Daun Suarez(RIP) ended up with it. I did some trading with Daun, which included Chuck's Desert Rose #2, for it a few years ago around 2012, I believe, and I've had it since then. Speaking of that Desert Rose #2, I'd like to know where that guitar is, Daun did some trading with Rudy Osborn a couple years after that and one of the items Daun got from Rudy in that deal was that ShoBud single 15 amp I sold on the forum last month, which, I was told, was Rudy's at home practice amp, and as clean as that amp was, I believe it. This thread is all over the place! Ha!
Nick Lawrence

Post by Nick Lawrence »

Highly interested in buying this guitar! Please check your emails, good sir! :D
Fish

Post by Fish »

Eye and ear candy for sure. What a beauty!
Ricky Davis

Post by Ricky Davis »

Yep sure enough; Skip just posted a Pic of it in my Workroom. Thanks for jogging my memory and what I posted was all I knew about this steel and was also wondering what happened to it. Way cool.
Ricky
Ricky Davis
Blake Matthies

Sho-Bud Super Pro 8X5 1979 sale pending

Post by Blake Matthies »

sale pending upon receipt of funds..
Steven Black

Super pro Sho-Bud

Post by Steven Black »

Wow!! I am interested in it, how many raises and lowers? Steve Black 614-562-2291, email Black43230@yahoo.com
Blake Matthies

Post by Blake Matthies »

Guitar is sold, please close. Donation on the way
baxter vaughan

Post by baxter vaughan »

Dang it! You snooze, you lose. Rats