Allow Email From Postmaster@bb.steelguitarforum.com

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

b0b

Allow Email From Postmaster@bb.steelguitarforum.com

Post by b0b »

Some email services have taken it on themselves to route forum-generated emails to the Spam or Junk folder instead of to your Inbox. These emails include topic and PM notifications, mail from other members, and other important stuff. It is all marked as:

<pre>From: postmaster@bb.steelguitarforum.com</pre>

If you change the email address in your profile, your account is temporarily deactivated and a reactivation link is sent to your new address. All too often it goes to the Spam folder instead of Inbox, resulting in considerable confusion.

If this happens to you, or if you suspect that you're not getting forum-generated emails, check your Spam, Junk and/or Trash folder. Tech-savvy members are encouraged to reply here with instructions on how to "whitelist" postmaster@bb.steelguitarforum.com on various email services.
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
gary pierce

Post by gary pierce »

Yes, recently my notifications are all going to junk mail, and never did before, but I will change that.
Marco Schouten

Post by Marco Schouten »

Maybe your dns server doesn't have a spf-record for the mailserver.
----------------------------------
JCH SD-10 with BL XR-16 pickup, Sho-Bud Volume Pedal, Evidence Audio Lyric HG cables, Quilter Steelaire combo
b0b

Update - 🙏

Post by b0b »

Last week I discovered that a company called Cloudmark had listed us as a spammer. 😡 The following services were rejecting our emails based on their blacklist. There may have been others.

cableone.net
charter.net
comcast.net
centurytel.net
cox.net
rr.com
suddenlink.net

I also saw some rejections from private domains that were administered by GoDaddy.

I'm pleased to report that, after several appeals to Cloudmark and one to Comcast (I'm a Comcast customer at home), it appears that we have been removed from that list. Late yesterday I noticed that the rejected topic and PM notifications had stopped - they had been arriving at a steady clip up until then.

👍 HOORAY!! 🤞
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Jim Cooley

Post by Jim Cooley »

I started receiving notifications again shortly after I emailed you. Thanks again.
Kelly Hydorn

Deactivate & reactivate

Post by Kelly Hydorn »

After sometime away, I finally have a new email address etc and the deactivate & reactivate worked perfectly. So in the famous words of Oliver Twiddlebee: I'm back!