The Lion Sleeps Tonight -- New by the Shoe

New products of interest to steel guitarists
Ray Harrison

The Lion Sleeps Tonight -- New by the Shoe

Post by Ray Harrison »

The Lion Sleeps Tonight
An Old 50’s Rock song by The Tokens, heads up this CD by The Shoe, and Jay Siegel leader of the Tokens writes the liner note…
From the Beatles’ McCartney/ Lennon; In My Life to La Vie En Rose, a couple of Kristofferson songs, Eagles, Hank Jr., It’s all here and More.

I rarely find one song on Shoe’s CD that I like more than the others, because I like all of his selections and arrangements. This time, as always, I like them all, but his version of Sunday Mornin’ Coming Down stirred me more than any other instrumental version I’ve listened to. It has a haunting feel to it, allowing you to remember the words and consider the very meaning behind Kris’ writings.

Once again Shoe and his circle of musical friends have put together a CD of 10 great songs with very Clean yet Elaborate arrangements. It doesn’t have any clutter in the execution of any song. It is a CD meant for listening.

Shoe is a Great Steel Guitarist that moves the instrument to various genres of music yet makes the music sound as though it were written for the instrument.

I never tire of listening to his selections and always look forward to his next issue.. Well, here it is, for all to see and hear. Hearing is much more enjoyable than just looking at it..

A copy can be obtained at Shoebox Music, 745-545-7064 or shoe@ruraltel.net

I highly recommend any of Shoe’s CD s for your listening pleasure.
Ray Harrison
Bass/sing/Love PSG
77 Stingray/Kiesel 5 string bass
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars
Shorty Smith

Curt Shoemaker, The Shoe

Post by Shorty Smith »

I agree, Curt is a great person and steel guitarist who put his heart into his music. His selection of music and arrangements are superb. Shorty Smith
b0b

Re: The Lion Sleeps Tonight -- New by the Shoe

Post by b0b »

Ray Harrison wrote:This time, as always, I like them all, but his version of Sunday Mornin’ Coming Down stirred me more than any other instrumental version I’ve listened to. It has a haunting feel to it, allowing you to remember the words and consider the very meaning behind Kris’ writings.
Listening to it right now! What a great arrangement. The whole album's like that - familiar songs with steel parts that bring out the words in your head. Beautiful and relaxing. :)
-𝕓𝕆𝕓- (admin) - Robert P. Lee - Recordings - Breathe - D6th - Video
Mike Mantey

Post by Mike Mantey »

Great CD. I agree b0b. I was saying how the steel guitar is like singing the lyrics. Good Job Curt!!
Andy DePaule

Where to get it?

Post by Andy DePaule »

Okay so just now sent an e-mail to that linked address.
Hope to get a result.
I was working on that tune about a year ago. Would be great for twin steels since it has that great falsetto vocal behind the singer that would be perfect for a steel. Even better with E-Bow on steel.
I quit working on the tune when I got frustrated trying to find a nice way to do that rhythm part sung as "A-whim-o-way A-whim-o-way A-whim-o-way.... :oops:
Maybe this CD will get me back to it? :D
Inlaid Star Guitar 2006 by Mark Giles. SD-10 4+5 in E9th; http://luthiersupply.com/instrument-gallery.html
2017 Mullen SD-10, G2 5&5 Polished Aluminum covering. Custom Build for me. Great Steel.
Clinesmith Joaquin Murphy style Aluminum 8 String Lap Steel Short A6th.
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.
Marlin Gengenbach

The Shoe

Post by Marlin Gengenbach »

Ray Harrison expressed exactly my sentiments. (Nicely
articulated, Ray.)
Curt has a way with that instrument, on all genres of music, that defies the imagination! What a talent!
Curt, I love it...just as I do all your CD's.
All you steel players, and music lovers, steel or not,
you are missing a real treat not to have this CD!
Dick Chapple Sr

cd

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

Oh boy..I have Lion sleeps Tonight on the way.
:) :)
Tom Brumley

The Lion Sleeps Tonight......Curt

Post by Tom Brumley »

I just got my new Curts cd "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" !!! Oh Wow do I ever love it !!! Especially The Lion Sleeps Tonight. Great job Curt.!!! I highly recommend this whole album. Great tone and arrangements. Tom would love your tone !!! lol Such great selection of songs, not the usual !!! Just love Sunday Morning Coming's Down. Steel lovers ,You must have this great cd.!!!
Rolene Brumley
Dick Chapple Sr

lion

Post by Dick Chapple Sr »

Ditto!!
Ian Kerr

Post by Ian Kerr »

Just received mine.It took a while to get here,probably halfway around the world, but well worth the wait.Great CD with good song selection.
Thanks Curt.