Pro tools 6.4 and band in a box

Studio and home recording topics

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Jordan Beyer

Pro tools 6.4 and band in a box

Post by Jordan Beyer »

How do I transfer band in a box files to pro tools? Am having trouble getting it. You tube tutorials are not helping. JB
Bill Moore

Post by Bill Moore »

Jordan, I don't use Pro Tools, but it should work like any other recording program. You need to convert the band in a box file to a wave file. In the band in box menu look for "render to wave" and follow the directions. Then add a track to Pro Tools and import the wave file there.
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

sent you a PM. I'm not familiar with the early PT version but am very familiar with 8,9 10,11 and 12.

You don't transfer, you IMPORT the BIAB files into your already created session. Best to have those BIAB files already resident in a folder on the PC where Pro Tools is resident.

DAW's such as Pro Tools are looking for those files each time we call up a session. This is why it is best to have them already in a folder on the DAW /PC. The session knows where they are.
Last edited by Tony Prior on 26 Oct 2019 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website
Tony Prior

Post by Tony Prior »

Bill Moore wrote:Jordan, I don't use Pro Tools, but it should work like any other recording program. You need to convert the band in a box file to a wave file. In the band in box menu look for "render to wave" and follow the directions. Then add a track to Pro Tools and import the wave file there.

YES!!! first convert the BIAB files to Wav or MP3, this is mandatory for any and all DAW's. It puts the BIAB files in a language that the DAW understands.
Emmons L-II , Fender Telecasters, B-Benders
Pro Tools 8 and Pro Tools 12
jobless- but not homeless- now retired 8 years

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website