Williams 12 String E9 Extended SOLD

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ben Lester

Williams 12 String E9 Extended SOLD

Post by Ben Lester »

Hello ! This is a great guitar, tons and tons of sustain and crystal clear clarity and tone. I have played this guitar a lot, and have treated it very well.. The dark grey finish is real pretty over the tiger maple.
Right now E's raised LKL, E's lowered RKL. Easy to switch if you'd like.
I have a unique change on the VK: String 5 raises a tone and a half (to a D), String 10 lowers a tone and a half (to a G#). With AB pedals down, and VK engaged string 10 goes back to a B and gives a wide open suspended IV. Open position, gives a very very sweet V7 chord.
I would like to get $3000 out of it, but it seems like I've posted at that price before with little response.

Make an offer? I would love for this guitar to go to a good home!

Thanks,
Ben

Last edited by Ben Lester on 5 Mar 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lee Bartram

William's guitar

Post by Lee Bartram »

Ben I sent you an e-mail.
Ben Lester

Post by Ben Lester »

Lowering the price if any one would like to shoot an offer...! Comes with a flight case.

Thanks!

Ben
Al Moss

Post by Al Moss »

A lovely instrument ,no doubt, and indeed a coincidence for me to see this listing, as I learned of your work with A A Bondy just a couple of days ago and listened to more than few tracks of your playing -- maybe this same steel, just yesterday. Your playing is terrific and the tone and clarity of the steel are luxurious. The buyer will be getting a top quality steel too, Williams' are beautifully engineered and true workhorses too. Best Wishes, Al
Last edited by Al Moss on 14 Feb 2019 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ben Lester

Post by Ben Lester »

Hi Al!
AA Bondy is so great... That was an old student MSA I played on back then... I had just started, I didn't even know what I was doing!!! Why did they let a drummer try to play pedal steel...? This Williams took me a long long ways though. Love this guitar, but I'm playing an LDG now and it feels just right.
Al Moss wrote:A lovely instrument ,no doubt, and indeed a coincidence for me to see this listing, as I learned of your work with A A Boody just a couple of days ago and listened to more than few tracks of your playing -- maybe this same steel, just yesterday. Your playing is terrific and the tone and clarity of the steel are luxurious. The buyer will be getting a top quality steel too, Williams' are beautifully engineered and true workhorses too. Best Wishes, Al
Charley Paul

Post by Charley Paul »

How old is this guitar? I see only 10 strings on there.....Are the pedals and levers set up for 12 string E9, or 10? Just wondering if I’d have to do any setup work in addition to adding two more strings?
Ben Lester

Post by Ben Lester »

It was built in 2013. It is set up for all 12 strings. I have 10 on there just because I was rarely using the bottom ones. They are are rich sounding, and make for beautiful deep chords, and extending your runs..
Charley Paul wrote:How old is this guitar? I see only 10 strings on there.....Are the pedals and levers set up for 12 string E9, or 10? Just wondering if I’d have to do any setup work in addition to adding two more strings?
Charley Paul

Post by Charley Paul »

I just emailed you...
John McClung

Post by John McClung »

Nice guitar, Ben. I'm intrigued by your LKV idea, I'm planning on adding B>D to my secondary LKL on my extended E9 Zumsteel, my intended uses as follows:
• get the missing 4th scale degree in a pedals down single note major scale, that normally you go to string 2 lowered a half to get. Doing that always bugged me, I'm weird I guess. Hoping it's easier on a KL.
• b7 note in open chords.
• now I'll steal your idea with a pedals down sus4 chord.
• just occurred to me it'll created a diminished triad when used with A+F. (My E and F levers are on the right knee, so this works on my setup!).

Good luck with the sale, I know Williams are great guitars!
E9 INSTRUCTION
▪️ If you want to have an ongoing discussion, please email me, don't use the Forum messaging which I detest! steelguitarlessons@earthlink.net
Ben Lester

Post by Ben Lester »

Thanks John - cool ideas!

The guitar is now sold... donation sent.

-Ben
John McClung wrote:Nice guitar, Ben. I'm intrigued by your LKV idea, I'm planning on adding B>D to my secondary LKL on my extended E9 Zumsteel, my intended uses as follows:
• get the missing 4th scale degree in a pedals down single note major scale, that normally you go to string 2 lowered a half to get. Doing that always bugged me, I'm weird I guess. Hoping it's easier on a KL.
• b7 note in open chords.
• now I'll steal your idea with a pedals down sus4 chord.
• just occurred to me it'll created a diminished triad when used with A+F. (My E and F levers are on the right knee, so this works on my setup!).

Good luck with the sale, I know Williams are great guitars!