Charley Crockett > Who's the steel player?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

David Gertschen

Charley Crockett > Who's the steel player?

Post by David Gertschen »

Here's a young singer with a wonderful retro sound happening! Curious who the picker is? Any Austin folks please chime in, supposedly this was recorded there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bIkqAF4ZOs
Paul Stauskas

Post by Paul Stauskas »

Nathan Fleming?

Great playing!!
Gary Cosden

Post by Gary Cosden »

I asked the same question a while back. First Ricky Davis chimed in saying it was Nathan Fleming and then Charlie Crocket confirmed. It is Nathan Fleming. Really nice playing.
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

I like it! Thanks for posting David.
Tommy Detamore

Post by Tommy Detamore »

Nathan kills on this record!
Tommy Detamore
Quilter Labs, Goodrich Sound, Source Audio, Neunaber Audio, and Stringjoy Authorized Dealer

www.cherryridgestudio.com
www.steelguitartracksonline.com
Tore Blestrud

Post by Tore Blestrud »

Just got this record and was amazed by the steel playing. I knew Nathan was a fantastic player - this record proves it!
Emmons D-10 P/P 78", Franklin D-10, Zum Encore. Sho-Bud LDG
Jeff Garden

Post by Jeff Garden »

Here's a shot at the tab for Nathan Fleming's intro and break on "Jamestown Ferry".

https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... highlight=
Duane Becker

Post by Duane Becker »

Here's another one. Great intro!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHCGvAvh75s
Larry Dering

Post by Larry Dering »

Some really great playing on this.
Aaron Smith

steel cam! whole show Birmingham, AL sept 8,2021

Post by Aaron Smith »

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

In 2015, Johnny Bush brought Nathan to the International Steel Guitar Convention.
We were all amazed at this young mans playing. He nailed all that Emmons stuff and added his own flair.

I will post some audio on my Youtube site very soon.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

This question appeared in November of last year (2021). I recall posting a picture I had taken of Nathan at the 2015 ISGC. As Bill said, he was brought there with Johnny Bush. Here's that picture, again.

Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

And thank you to Jim Harrison for all the pictures. Most of the ones I get, I pull off the internet and don't know where they came from
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
Jim R. Harrison

Post by Jim R. Harrison »

Thank you to Bill Ferguson for your acknowledgement of my photographs that I'm sometimes able to post. The old cliché, "a picture is worth a thousand words" seems to apply often. Best wishes, Bill!
Ian Sutton

Post by Ian Sutton »

I've had the privilege of touring with them, and not only is Nathan a fantastic player, but quite the Push Pull wizard.
Some gear.
Bill Terry

Post by Bill Terry »

Ian wrote:I've had the privilege of touring with them, and not only is Nathan a fantastic player, but quite the Push Pull wizard.
I worked with a guy named Gus Clark, opening a string of shows for Charlie, and Nathan is also an 'Austin guy' I'd already met and hung out with, he sends me the calls he gets that don't pay enough LOL (kidding, he's been great about steering some good work my way).

When I booked those dates, I was really looking forward to hanging with Nathan and talking P/P guitars, and he didn't disappoint. We had a bunch of great discussions, and he IS a great mechanic. I posted this photo in the other Charlie Crockett steel player thread. Nathan and I got a chuckle about how many stages on a given night where likely to have a couple of vintage P/Ps setup at the same time, wrap #6 and a '67 bolt.. :-)

Lost Pines Studio
"I'm nuts about bolts"