Pedal Steel/Guitar Amps

Instruments, mechanical issues, copedents, techniques, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Cory Jensen

Pedal Steel/Guitar Amps

Post by Cory Jensen »

Do any of you have one amp that you use for both Pedal steel and 6 string guitar?

I just got my first pedal steel a while ago and don't have a very good practice amp for it. I've been using my tiny little 15W Fender Bronco that I've got for my guitar, but obviously it's lacking.

I don't play in any bands and I don't expect I'll be good enough on Pedal Steel for a while to do so, so for now I just want something that can provide decent sound at practice levels for both my steel and normal guitars.

I'm thinking possibly something like a Peavey Classic 30 or the Nashville 112 might work.

Any thoughts?

Edited to add: the reason I'd like one amp is twofold, first cost is an issue, but the main thing is space. I live in a small 400 square foot apartment that's already cluttered with the Pedal steel, electric and acoustic guitars, not to mention furniture. So two amps would be a bit much.<FONT SIZE=1 COLOR="#8e236b"><p align=CENTER>[This message was edited by Cory Jensen on 06 May 2004 at 01:36 PM.]</p></FONT>
C Dixon

Post by C Dixon »

Fender Twin reverb for my 7 string Rick bakelite.

Peavey NV400 for my pedal steels.

Was never happy with the sound any other way, even though I tried; like using a Fender Vibrosonic or the twin for PSG. Neither amp came close to the sound I got out of the Peavey on the PSG's. The reverse is true on the Rick.

At least that is how it worked out in my case.

carl
b0b

Post by b0b »

Moved to 'Electronics'.