F.S.: !950s FENDER STRINGMASTER T-8 $1300

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Jon A. Ross

F.S.: !950s FENDER STRINGMASTER T-8 $1300

Post by Jon A. Ross »

!950s (between '56 and '59?) Fender Stringmaster T-8 Steel Guitar. Three eight string necks. The necks are of the 24.5" scale length, as generally preferred for slightly better sustain and tone up the neck. This guitar has been un-finished: it appears a brown stain and perhaps a non-gloss, thin clear coat has been applied. The front "Fender" decal is missing. It seems that all of the original parts are intact. I do not know if the toggle switch, in addition to the three-way pickup selector switch, is original. The third neck nut is equipped with wider slots to accommodate bass strings for a low tuning. The four legs are not original, and were well-made from Atlas mic stand uprights, and they function as well as the originals would. Included is an appropriate 1950s tweed case. This rig is HEAVY!! I will ask that the purchaser remit $100 toward shipping so I do not get caught holding the bag. I will refund any balance immediately following shipment. I will gladly answer any questions specific to this instrument. Please be reasonable and responsible and I will be the same. Thank you!
Last edited by Jon A. Ross on 23 Apr 2015 4:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jon A. Ross

Post by Jon A. Ross »

Russ Wever

Re: F.S.: !950s FENDER STRINGMASTER T-8

Post by Russ Wever »

Jon A. Ross wrote:I will gladly answer any
questions specific to this
instrument.
What is your asking price?
~Rw
Jon A. Ross

Post by Jon A. Ross »

Sorry all; I posted this late at night and inadvertently omitted this minor detail. It's fixed now ($1300).
Jon A. Ross

Post by Jon A. Ross »

Jon A. Ross

Post by Jon A. Ross »

Sale pending; awaiting payment.