Emmons Lashley Le Grande Sold elsewhere please close

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Paul Haaker

Emmons Lashley Le Grande Sold elsewhere please close

Post by Paul Haaker »

Approx. 1989 Emmons Le Grande for sale. I am the original owner of this guitar. Eight pedals and 7 knee levers. It has a Lawrence 710 on the E9th and an Emmons single coil on the C6th. I will send you my copedent if interested. Great sounding guitar but I feel the need to own a push pull so I have to let it go. I have included some clips of it in my studio and live so you can hear how it sounds direct or through an amp (Nashville 400). 3200.00 OBO shipping included to the lower 48.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybHUMxjHyE8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6axvaU66fQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TiKq3OIL30
Last edited by Paul Haaker on 21 Apr 2015 8:12 am, edited 25 times in total.
Zumsteel D10 9/8, Emmons LeGrande, Franklin Pedabro, Walker Stereo Steel, Peavey Nashville and Session 400.
Jack Goodson

co-pedant

Post by Jack Goodson »

paul, i would like to see the co-pedant if you don't mind, especially the c6th....thanks jack
Paul Haaker

Copedent

Post by Paul Haaker »

Jack I might as well post this here. Also, I can make some minor changes if someone wanted them as long as I can do them with the parts I have.

E9th
LKR Raise 1 a whole tone and 2 a half tone 7 a whole tone.
LKL Raise 4 and 8 1/2
RKL Lower 4 and 8 1/2
RKR Lowers 2. split lower 1/2 - whole. Lower 9 1/2 Lower 10 a whole tone.
Standard Emmons ABC pedals
Pedal 4 Lowers 5 a whole tone on the e9th (half of the Franklin pedal cause I split the change with the vertical lowering the 6th string a whole tone. Also lower 10 a whole tone with the vertical.

C6th Knee levers
RkR Raise 4 1/2
RKL Lower 3 1/2
LKR Lower 6 whole tone
LKL Lowers 4 and 8 a 1/2 tone
C6th Pedals
Pedal 4 lowers 9 1/2 and raises 6,7 and 8 1/2 ( the Jernigan pedal)
Pedal 5 thru 8 standard emmons setup
5 lowers 6 1/2, raises 9 1/2, 10 a whole tone
6 lowers 6 1/2 and raises 2 1/2
7 raises 3 and 4 a whole tone
8 lowers 10 a tone and 1/2 , lowers 9 1/2 and raises 7 1/2 (Boo wah pedal)
Chris Grigsby

Post by Chris Grigsby »

Your playing is beyond impressive! Good luck with your sale and subsequent push/pull adventure.

Best,
Chris
Mullen Discovery S10, Hilton VP, Kemper Profiler Head and Kabinet.
John Booth

Post by John Booth »

You make that guy sound great friend !
Jb in Ohio
GFI S10 Ultra, Telecaster, a Hound Dog, and an Annoyed Wife
Rick Barnhart

Post by Rick Barnhart »

Paul, you're an amazing musician. I especially enjoyed the C6 number. Good luck on your sale, but were it mine, I'd never part with that LG, it's a part of you. A p/p will only slow you down.
Last edited by Rick Barnhart on 1 Apr 2015 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clinesmith consoles D-8/6 5 pedal, D-8 3 pedal & A25 Frypan, Pettingill Teardrop, & P8 Deluxe.
Paul Haaker

Post by Paul Haaker »

Thanks guys for the nice comments, Really wish I could keep it but the push-pull I'm buying is pretty special. It was owned by Tommy White and was used on his instructional video and has an amazing tone. Too little room and too many great guitars I'd like to own. :lol:
Jim Curl

Post by Jim Curl »

I've known Paul for many years, and have heard this guitar in person. It is a great guitar, and Paul is a great guy to deal with..................After all, he's a retired fireman, and he plays steel.............It dosen't get much better than that!
Mullen RP D10, NV400, Goodrich VP, Budda Samsara delay, Martin D18 GE, Dobro resonator guitar, Gibson Mastertone banjo, Eastman 815V mando, and a collapsable Sams Club hand cart to tote it all!!
Abe Levy

Post by Abe Levy »

I sat and watched Paul play this guitar for about an hour at Jim Palanscar's shop a while back. He's a killer player and this guitar sounded and looked amazing.
Mostly Pre-1970 guitars.
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

I think you are crazy for selling the guitar, but that is just my opinion. Also, the price is good.
With that said, have you found a push pull. I have a 1971 black Emmons push pull with 9 floor pedals and 5 knee levers, I would be willing to trade. I agree there is a sound quality difference in a push pull and other guitars, if you are willing to put up with the difficulty of adjustments. I do think a push pull stays in tune really good after adjusted.
Paul Haaker

Post by Paul Haaker »

Thanks Jim and Abe. Love hanging out at Pali's shop. You never know who you're going to run into. Jim, see you in a couple weeks.

Keith, Thank you for the offer but I have found a push pull owned by Peter Frieberger in LA. He is setting it up for me and is a great technician along with a great player. Jay Dee has also offered his expert advice to help me get comfortable with the technical difficulties of a push pull if needed. It is actually the guitar owned by Tommy White at one time and used in this video. I've played it and it sounds amazing. Jim Cohen owned it after Tommy and put a couple more knee levers on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZoPTJNmiCw

I'm starting to rethink this with everyone's advice to keep it but I wish I had more room. Oh well... we'll see what happens. :?
Dale Rottacker

Post by Dale Rottacker »

Very impressive playing and sounding guitar... Tommy’s PP did sound awesome...you might need his Webb amp too... :D :D :D Good luck with both deals!!
Dale Rottacker, Steelinatune™
*2021 MSA Legend, "Jolly Rancher" D10 10x9
*2021 Rittenberry, "The Concord" D10 9x9
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com
Keith Hilton

Post by Keith Hilton »

Paul, I like your playing in the You Tube videos. If I were you, I would keep the LeGrande II, and the new push pull. Trust me--you will be sorry you sold the LeGrande II. Plus I think your price is a little low on the LeGrande II. Just my opinion.
Jim Hinds

Post by Jim Hinds »

Hi Paul, I really enjoyed your videos. Great playing and tone. Good luck with the new guitar. I will be looking forward to seeing some videos soon with the P/P.
Mike Wilkerson

Post by Mike Wilkerson »

:x why do I have to be poor lol!!!
S12 MSA Classic Nashville 400 with fox mods amp 1 volume pedal 1 Lil Izzy and 3 cords
Kyle Strauser

Post by Kyle Strauser »

Hi, You have a really nice guitar. I was wondering which bell cranks your Lagrande has? Thanks.

Kyle
Paul Haaker

Post by Paul Haaker »

Kyle, I have a combination of the older bell cranks that the rod goes through and The ones I've added have the style that have the holes in them and the rods have to match exactly in length.

Jim thanks, will do. Might try some old Buck Owens or a Haggard tune with it.

Keith thanks and I'm considering what you're saying it is a Legrande I though. I kinda grew up with that guitar. If it doesn't sell I might have to keep it and add on to my house LOL

Dale, Thanks and I'd love a Webb. I've played them before and they're beautiful sounding. Might consider a partial trade for one.
Chris Schlotzhauer

Post by Chris Schlotzhauer »

Really nice playing Paul...
Mike Holder

Post by Mike Holder »

Great playing on all instruments Paul! You'd be a huge asset to any artist on the road IMHO.
I thought Nashville was the roughest, but I know I’ve said the same about them all.
I received my education, drivin through the Nation listenin to Paul!.. ( Franklin that is! )
Paul Haaker

Post by Paul Haaker »

Thanks so much Chris and Mike, quite a complement from such a great player yourself. Thanks and let me know when Darius is coming out west!
Paul Haaker

Post by Paul Haaker »

Charley Hill, I've sent two Private messages to you and it looks like they're not getting through because the next day I look in my sent folder and there's nothing there. My email is phaaker@yahoo.com. If you didn't get the last message. Send me an email and I'll get back to you right away.

Thanks , Paul
Bill Moran

Post by Bill Moran »

Cool playing. The PP will sound different but don't know if it will sound better. Nice guitar. :)
Bill
Paul Haaker

price drop

Post by Paul Haaker »

Ok, lowering price to 3000 shipping negotiable.
David Mitchell

Post by David Mitchell »

I agree with Keith. You should only own the push pull if you already own an all pull guitar.
Legrande = Cadillac Escalade
PushPull = 2 seat Corvette
chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

paul, if the pms were received by the other party they will be in the delivered folder.
if not,make sure you add a subject line to the message or it won't send.