who played steel for the Eagles?

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Joe Babb

who played steel for the Eagles?

Post by Joe Babb »

Hi Gang,
Just listening to a recording of "Best of my Love".
Anybody know who played steel for the Eagles?
thanks,
Joe
Les Cargill

Post by Les Cargill »

chris ivey

Post by chris ivey »

bernie leadon
Frank Freniere

Post by Frank Freniere »

Bernie Leadon.
Dave Hopping

Post by Dave Hopping »

Mostly Bernie,although Al Perkins played on "Ol' 55".I did see part of a post "Hell Freezes Over" TV special where Don Felder was playing steel,but I don't remember the tune.Saw them live 4 times between '74-'79 but there wasn't a steel onstage any of those times.
Joachim Kettner

Post by Joachim Kettner »

Fender Kingman, Sierra Crown D-10, Evans Amplifier, Soup Cube.
Brett Day

Post by Brett Day »

Dave Hopping wrote:Mostly Bernie,although Al Perkins played on "Ol' 55".I did see part of a post "Hell Freezes Over" TV special where Don Felder was playing steel,but I don't remember the tune.Saw them live 4 times between '74-'79 but there wasn't a steel onstage any of those times.
It was the live video of "The Girl From Yesterday" where you could see Don Felder playing steel. He played a Sho-Bud steel in the video
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

Don was not using picks on "The Girl From Yesterday". Joe Walsh blew me away with the turnaround on that song though. Simple, but beautiful.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.
Darvin Willhoite

Post by Darvin Willhoite »

Don was not using picks on "The Girl From Yesterday". Joe Walsh blew me away with the turnaround on that song though. Simple, but beautiful.
Darvin Willhoite
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.