Christmas time is here, added info.

Written music for steel guitar

Moderator: Ricky Davis

Peter Hart

Christmas time is here, added info.

Post by Peter Hart »

Just thought I'd give a try at tabbing out this fun little Christmas tune. It is done in the C6 tuning, just using the "B", "C", and "D" pedals as shown in the Herby Wallace setup. Love this fat sounding chordy stuff!!
Let me know what you think. This is from "A Charlie Brown Christmas" By Vince Guaraldi I believe.

Pete

Image[/img]
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

Thanks Peter!!!
Eric Henry

Post by Eric Henry »

Thank you! So fun - I just spent the last two hours playing this tune. Very grateful for you sharing the tab.
Jim Wilmoth

non pedal version?

Post by Jim Wilmoth »

Very cool. Anyone have a non pedal version? :D
Peter Hart

Post by Peter Hart »

I'm working on a E9th version. Not quite the same as the C6th version but it still sounds pretty nice. Any interest?
Quentin Hickey

Post by Quentin Hickey »

I think that this song has C6 written all over it, thanks again!! I am digging it.
Peter Hart

Post by Peter Hart »

Let there be no doubt and thoroughly agree. However, for those who have no access to the C6 tuning, an E9th version may at least point the way. Certainly not any where as nice as the C6 version mind you and I'm sure there can be some improvements!!
Aw heck, here it is, as is.

Mark Kuban

Post by Mark Kuban »

Thanks! I'll be trying the E9 version.
Matt Gillooly

Post by Matt Gillooly »

Peter, thanks for these! I was so excited to find an E9 version of this song, that I had learned it and recorded it before I even noticed that it was yours. I've enjoyed your playing at several RISGA events. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas, New Years, etc.

I posted a video of myself playing the tune with a couple friends at https://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtop ... 75#2887275
Tim Carr

Post by Tim Carr »

Hi Peter,
Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful C6 version of the Vince Guaraldi classic, 'Christmas Time Is Here'. I've enjoyed learning and playing it this season.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Tim
Emmons LL D-10 8x8
Emmons VP, MatchBox 7A
NV-112 w/Fox mod, PF-350
Walter Webb

Post by Walter Webb »

Can someone explain what is the Herby Wallace setup? Are these B and C pedals the same ones on the left that are used for E9?
Ron Funk

Post by Ron Funk »

Walter -

In Peter's first C6th version of "Christmas Time is Here," when he refers to "just the B, C, and D pedals of the Herby Wallace" set-up, I believe he is referring to Pedals 5, 6, and 7 for the C6th Neck.

For Peter's E9th version of the song located a little further down the page, Peter uses the standard A&B pedal and knee lever annotation method ......typical for E9th tablature.

Hope this helps .....

And if incorrect,

Peter can correct me.

Ron