Stolen Nashville 112

About Steel Guitarists and their Music

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Don Sowersby

Stolen Nashville 112

Post by Don Sowersby »

While I was in St Louis I left my Nashville 112 in the band trailer of a group I play with. Friday night on the way to a job the guys stopped off to have dinner. While they were eating the trailer was broken into and one of the items taken was my Nashville 112. This happened in San Antonio. I sure would like some help, if a really good deal comes up, would you let me know.

Thanks
Don Sowersby
Jody Cameron

Post by Jody Cameron »

So sorry Don. No excuse for thievery.
David Nugent

Post by David Nugent »

Don...If you have a record of the serial number, I would circulate it and a description immediately to all the local pawn shops. Thieves normally seek a quick return for their nefarious endeavors.
Don R Brown

Post by Don R Brown »

Also keep checking Craigslist in that area and nearby locations.

This should serve as a reminder to all of us to keep serial numbers of our equipment recorded in a safe place, and to mark things which may not have serial numbers in a distinctive way. Years ago I purchased a set of stamping dies - a set of metal pieces each a bit smaller than a cigarette, each one having a letter of the alphabet in raised metal on one end. By placing the letter end against something wood, plastic or metal, then striking the opposite end sharply with a hammer, you can stamp your initials or name into the object permanently.

Buddy Cage's steel was quite distinctive, which led to its return. Unfortunately, there are hundreds of Nashville 112's out there which are probably pretty much identical.