Friendships made this year at the convention

Archived for historical reference

Moderators: Dave Mudgett, Bryce Velasco

Charley Hill

Friendships made this year at the convention

Post by Charley Hill »

While I have been away for several years, it was refreshing to see some old faces after a long absence from music.

Thanks Mr. Walter Stettner for the photo op. And thank you for contributions toward Lloyd Greens tribute page.

New friendships were made and old acquaintances rekindled.
Image :D
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.
Larry Lenhart

Post by Larry Lenhart »

Charley, "New friendships were made and old acquaintances rekindled."

Very well said, and to me this is a huge part of what the conventions are all about...I renewed some friendships with gentlemen I hadnt seen in several years and made some new friends that I look forward to seeing again, hopefully in the not too distant future :) The steel guitar community is one of the strongest that I know of.

And in addition, I thought this was a great show, so much wonderful music of all kinds...where else can you go to hear good western swing, country, hawaiin, pop, jazz...the whole 9 yards...this show as well as the Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona and other steel shows I have attended have it all !
Zum Encore, Pedalmaster D10, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, 1976 Ibanez, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, Boss Kamatra 100, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Mike Sweeney

Post by Mike Sweeney »

Enjoyed meeting you and hope to see you again.
Zumsteel steel guitars, Telonics and Peavey amplifiers, GHS strings.
Brian Henry

Post by Brian Henry »

Charlie, I sent you a pm as requested!
LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN GEORGIA
Charley Hill

Post by Charley Hill »

Mike,

Really enjoyed meeting you too. Your CD is getting a lot of play time in SC. Great Job on this project. Will holler when I plan my visit to Nashville soon.
:D
Traveler, Peddler and Extreme life lover. Giving up is not an option.