FENDER CUSTOM VIBRASONIC head w/Reverb PLEASE CLOSE

Amplifiers, effects, recording equipment, seats, racks, parts, or anything else.
billy tam

FENDER CUSTOM VIBRASONIC head w/Reverb PLEASE CLOSE

Post by billy tam »

I'm going to give this fine steel/guitar amp one more chance here before going to ebay.
100 watts pure Fender Custom shop of power 2 channel one steel/one guitar with original reverb and tremolo. Only issue is the "sweet" switch on the steel channel doesn't appear to do anything, unless you count the professionaly done snakeskin covering.
This may be a plus depending on your point of view. This amp sounds awesome for steel and guitar.
$500 plus s & h.
The only reason for selling this one as opposedto my Dual Showman head is the size and I don't use the reverb.
Billy
Last edited by billy tam on 26 Mar 2014 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
billy tam

vibrasonic

Post by billy tam »

to the top for the week-end :D
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Billy - You get my last note? (I think this post answers the question I sent you but I wanted to be sure.)Thanks!
billy tam

amp

Post by billy tam »

Hi Chris, Sorry for the disconnect I just sent you an email.
Thanks,
Billy
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Thanks. Sent you another note.
billy tam

amp

Post by billy tam »

Chris, Having some trouble with aol but sent you an email

Deal pending with Chris.
Lane Gray

Post by Lane Gray »

I might be interested if your pending sale doesn't work. Is this a reissue or handwired?
2 pedal steels, a lapStrat, and an 8-string Dobro (and 3 ukes)
More amps than guitars, and not many effects
billy tam

Vibrasonic

Post by billy tam »

Hi Lane, This amp is the hand=wired custom shop build as I was told. I think these were made in '95-'96. I will let you know if it becomes available again.
Thanks,
Billy
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Lane - Unless this one is some kind of outlier, these are PCB and not PTP if that's what you're asking. Not a custom shop build but, rather, part of the "Custom" line of reissues. Of course I'd the thrilled to find out otherwise! :)

(Billy, you know something more about this amp? That would be awfully interesting if it's a custom shop build!)
billy tam

Vibrasonic

Post by billy tam »

Chris and Lane, I am not anywhere near a Fender amp tech or even very knowledgeable about circuits, etc.
But if you look up the '95---'96 owners manual with a search it clearly states custom shop build on the 2nd or 3rd page.
Billy
Chris Bauer

Post by Chris Bauer »

Interesting! Thanks, Billy.
Steve McAvoy

Re: Vibrasonic

Post by Steve McAvoy »

billy tam wrote:Chris and Lane, I am not anywhere near a Fender amp tech or even very knowledgeable about circuits, etc.
But if you look up the '95---'96 owners manual with a search it clearly states custom shop build on the 2nd or 3rd page.
Billy
Not quite...read it again:

"The Fender Amp Custom Shop is dedicated to creating high quality amplification to serve top artists and discriminating players. These amps offer no-compromise sound and performance with vintage appeal and bullet-proof construction. Of course, things like point-to-point wiring do not come cheap. To better serve those who cannot afford the 100% hand-wired custom amps, Fender has created the New Vintage Series, using modern production methods to reduce cost while keeping the tone “custom”."

"In the spirit of all the great Vibrasonics of yesterday, we offer the “Custom” Vibrasonic of today. It is not a reissue of any of the old units, rather, it is a new amplifier designed for the multi-instrumentalist who requires versatility and clean power along with the classic Fender tube tone. It has 100 watts of tube power and 2 independent channels. And just like the Fender custom amps, the “Custom” Vibrasonic is painstakingly built, one at a time, by a select group of craftsmen at the Fender electronics factory in Lake Oswego, Oregon.".

The language used by Fender was indeed confusing but, regardless, I've been "under the hood" of one of these and it's definitely PCB, not PTP or hand wired. Still a great sounding amp though.
billy tam

Vibrasonic

Post by billy tam »

Steve,, Thanks for the update. The verbage is almost political in it's ambiguity. Although it still implies a quasi custom shop build it refutes the notion that just because it is custom shop it is therefore point to point. You can learn everyday. Let's close this puppy up before I am even more confused.
Thanks,
Billy