NE Iowa Steel Guitar Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Lefty Schrage

NE Iowa Steel Guitar Show

Post by Lefty Schrage »

If you're looking for a weekend of good steel guitar music, fun, friendship, and dancing, join us at the 21st annual Northeast Iowa Steel Guitar Show in Waterloo, Iowa, October 25-27! The show schedule includes 25+ Midwest artists and headliners DeWitt Scott and Russ Wever. The event kicks off Friday night with a 6p open steel guitar jam session--last year's jam had 14 participants plus a backup band. Please check our website for more information (www.steelguitarjam.com). See you there!
...lefty [/b]
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Lefty,
I'll see you there! :D
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Erv - Always great to see and visit with you!
Ronald Moore

Good time for everyone.

Post by Ronald Moore »

The NEISG show is one of the best in the area and the Electric Park ballroom is a great venue. Anyone wanting to learn to play a steel guitar, come to this show and check out the Jump Start Academy. Details are on the NEISG website. See you all there. Ron Moore
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Hey Ronnie,
How's everything goin' in the badger State? Looking forward to seeing/visiting with you in Waterloo!
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Looking forward to coming to the show. I will be playing through the new Quliter "Steelaire" amp. It sounds great.
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Looking forward to seeing you too Albert and also to hearing your new amp.
Larry Baker

Post by Larry Baker »

Lefty, thanks for the invitation to play your show.
Jean and I would have loved to be there, but just had to many prior obligations. Maybe next time. Larry and Jean
Mullen G2 SD10 3 & 5 The Eagle
NV112 amp===Earnie Ball V.P.
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Hi Larry & Jean --
Thanks for writing. All our schedules get very busy...let's try to work it out next year.
...lefty
Darrell Birtcher

Post by Darrell Birtcher »

Hey Lefty!
Greetings from Arizona. Wish we could be there.
Have a blast for Darcie and me!
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Well, hello Darrell - Sure good to hear from you and wish you guys could be with us...maybe someday it will work out for you and Darcie. I imagine you've done some pickin' and grinnin' with Linda Sue out there in Phoenix.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I see what is going on now. Our band's lead guitar picker, Cal Akers who is from E Moline, asked me about what was happening as he had got a note from someone there. He has worked with Dale Thomas, but he didn't know Russ Weaver.
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Lefty Schrage

Post by Lefty Schrage »

Hi Jack,
Russ Wever is a well-known steeler in the Midwest who has played several tribute shows as well as Scotty's Convention. A good picker. More info about Russ is available on the schedule page at our website, www.steelguitarjam.com.
Jack Stoner

Post by Jack Stoner »

I know Russ very well. Even picked at a KC steel jam a couple years ago that he was at.

I used to live in KC, Mo and Russ lives in Independence, Mo (a KC suburb).
GFI Ultra Keyless S-10 with pad (Black of course) TB202 amp, Hilton VP, Steelers Choice sidekick seat, SIT Strings (all for sale as package)
Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One V4.6 pro DAWs, MOTU Ultralite MK5 recording interface unit
Albert Svenddal

Post by Albert Svenddal »

Coming up this weekend. Gonna be a great show. For those of you who are interested in hearing how the new Quilter "SteelAire" amp sound, come Saturday to hear it.
Williams D-12 9x7, Emmons PP D-10, 8X5, Quilter SteeAire amp.
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

Coming up for the weekend. It will be great to see my old buddy Albert and to see Russ Wever again after a few years. Any chance of this Illinois Boy to play with you all on Friday night's jam?
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
Russ Wever

Post by Russ Wever »

Awright, I got the car all gassed up and it's pointed towards Waterloo.
Lookin' forward to a big time steelin' licks from everyone there, haha!
~Russ
Lyle Clary

Post by Lyle Clary »

It was great jamming with everybody Friday night and getting to play on Albert's set tonight. They are indeed a friendly bunch of guys and gals here in Waterloo. Especially enjoyed Russ Wever's picking.
2006 Zum D10 8x8,1969 ZB Custom D10,
10 3x4 Peavey Nashville 112 Peavey LTD 400 2014 Zum Encore Wood Grain 4x5 Stage One pot pedal
Bob Frederick

Waterloo show

Post by Bob Frederick »

Great show and Jam this weekend. I thank the group for letting me participate in the lineup Saturday night. I attended the steel guitar worship service and I have to say to hear 4 steel guitars playing a hymm in harmony is the reason I wish to continue playing. Such a beautiful sound nothing compares to it. Great job crew, backup band and steel guitarists.
Aaron Mulherin

Post by Aaron Mulherin »

Thanks to everyone who is involved in putting this on, It was really awesome to get to hear so many great steel players and it was pretty cool to have the opportunity to go up on stage and play as well! Also, as Lefty mentioned...Thanks to the backup band! I didn't get a chance to thank them after I was done playing. It was awesome!!
Aaron :D
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Aaron,
You did yourself proud! :D
Loren Bayles

Northeast steel show

Post by Loren Bayles »

Hey Mr Russ Wever,

Really nice meeting you here on your way to Waterloo.
Wish we would have had time for a cup of coffee and maybe a short visit with our mutual friend Joe B.

I would like to have some of your music (Pickin")if you have any CDs or DVDs available.
Thanks for picking up the amp for Mark and I.
Sincerely.

Loren
Aaron Mulherin

Post by Aaron Mulherin »

Thanks Erv! It was nice talking to you and I definitely will be interested in getting some of your tabs!
Aaron
Erv Niehaus

Post by Erv Niehaus »

Aaron,
Just let me know. :D
Ronald Moore

Post by Ronald Moore »

Aaron was one of the two Jump Start students who played very well after one year of instruction. In the few years that I have seen the program's results, I've noticed that these students are not playing simple tunes. They are coming up with some moderately complex material. This reflects on the mindset of the students as well as the effectiveness of their instructors. On another note: A friend and I were listening to Bob Fredrick playing "Have I Told You Lately that I love you". We heard some really soulful playing that reminded us of Jimmy Day. This friend (also a great player) made the comment: "That's what Steel guitar is all about." Way to go, Bob! Ron