Does anyone have a Rogue RLS-1?

Lap steels, resonators, multi-neck consoles and acoustic steel guitars

Moderator: Brad Bechtel

Mike Neer

Does anyone have a Rogue RLS-1?

Post by Mike Neer »

Does anyone have a Rogue RLS-1 lap steel that they can take a measurement for me? I need the exact measurement of the bridge, or the space between the two sides of the control plate surrounding the bridge.

I'm looking at using this instrument for an experiment.
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

Hey Mike, I have one and will measure it when I get home from work tonight if you don't come up with it before then.
Jerry Johnston

Post by Jerry Johnston »

Mike, I have a Danelectro which looks quite similar. I saw your you-tube posting of Jerry Byrds slippery elm. He used a straight C6 tuning. I noticed you use different positions than I do. He demonstrated that song for me before he recorded it. It was in June 1956 in his front yard in Nashville (while his wife was doing spring cleaning). I was on my honeymoon and I called him and said I sure would like to meet him. He invited me over and gave me directions. I've never met a nicer guy. He whipped out his lap steel and said "here is a song I've been working on". I'd never seen anyone bounce the bar on the strings like that. I was amazed. When I got his next album I recognized that song as slippery elm.

Enjoyed your picking. Jerry Johnston
Jim Williams

Post by Jim Williams »

Mike, the width across the entire bridge is 2 15/16 inches. Distance across the strings is 2 inches.
Mike Neer

Post by Mike Neer »

Appreciate you taking the time.