A Brit in N.Y.

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Patrick Thirsk

A Brit in N.Y.

Post by Patrick Thirsk »

My wife and I will be in N.Y. from 16th to 21st June. Staying at the Wellington on 7th Ave and 55th Street. Anyone know of any pubs,clubs,bars or other spots in the area where I could catch a bit of steel playing? Not heard or seen a live steel guitar for about 15 (Yes that's fifteen) years!! and my own playing is terrible so really would appreciate listening to and maybe meeting up with a real player.......Patrick
HowardR

Post by HowardR »

Hi Patrick.....seeing your post reminded me of my negligence. My apologies for not getting back to you.

You can check The Rodeo Bar on 27th st & 3rd ave. The Moonlighters and Western Caravan play there frequently. Both are wonderful.

There may be more NYK'rs to chime in here who play around town.

You can email me (I promise to answer. I know Bas is reading this) and perhaps we can meet up to catch some music. I don't see anything posted yet for these two groups during your time stay, but that should change shortly.<font size="1" color="#8e236b"><p align="center">[This message was edited by HowardR on 26 May 2006 at 05:59 AM.]</p></FONT>
Roger Rettig

Post by Roger Rettig »

Yes, Patrick - be sure to check out Western Caravan at the Rodeo Bar. John Widgren's playing will be the highlight of your trip!

RR
Bob Hoffnar

Post by Bob Hoffnar »

Patrick,
I'll be playing at Hank's in Brooklyn ( a very easy subway ride from Manhattan) on sunday the 18th from 6:00 till
1:00 with a couple different country bands.
There are a couple gigs on the 17th also. One durring the day and the other at night. I don't know the details yet though. Then on the 21st I'll either be playing my old Stringmaster with a great western swing band or my pedal steel with a more current singer/songwriter/rock band.
I'm sure some other gigs will turn up as the weeks go by.

I'll post everything on my upcoming gigs blog about a week before the dates.

Make sure you get in touch !

------------------
Bob
upcoming gigs
My Website