Lexicon MX200 Reverb - what are your settings?

Steel guitar amplifiers, effects, etc.

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Richard Keller

Lexicon MX200 Reverb - what are your settings?

Post by Richard Keller »

I have a Lexicon MX200 reverb and I would like to know how you have yours set up. What are your settings to get the sound you like?
Richard Keller

Post by Richard Keller »

I guess I am the only person using a mx200
Brent Craig

Post by Brent Craig »

Richard,

About a year ago, I sent my Mullen SG300 preamp to Dave Beaty @ Telonics for a check up. At the same time, I also sent him my MX200 as he offered to upgrade my software and load in 26 of the most popular presets that other Telonics owners were using.

With a few exceptions that are a bit beyond my tastes, they are all great for emulating the sounds of some of the best steel players.

You might check with Dave to see if he will send you these.

Brent
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

I purchased an MX200 a couple of months ago and found that when I took time to go thru' the presets and select the ones I liked I only had to tweak them a little.Actually I ended up with most of My "user" patches sounding very similar with only a small change in delay time and reverb intensity.I am well pleased with the finished sound but I do find it a little annoying that I cannot recall what My actual settings are.The profex ,for example showed the position and readings for every effect.
I look forward to hearing if Dave Beaty has a cd or program for settings.
Best regards
Billy
Dave Beaty

Lexicon MX200

Post by Dave Beaty »

We would be happy to forward the MX-200 presets we have worked out with various players.
You will need the CD that came with your MX-200 which has several programs including MXedit on it.
We can then email the files and a sheet with their explanations to you for updating via the USB port on your computer.

Please forward your best email address for attachments to me at dave@telonics.com

We did choose the MX-200 as, in our opinion, the most value for the money while providing four (4) important routing functions for parallel EFX loop use and two active EFX engines with actual, old-fashioned knobs for all major functions. Of course they also have 99 hardcoded factory presets and slots for 99 user presets. The file we will send is the full update for the user presets. Oh yes, and most importantly, the MX-200 can be switched between PARALLEL and SERIAL bank modes. The Parallel mode is imperative for use with studio-grade preamplifiers such as the new Telonics PRE1000.
The cost of MX-200's is typically less than US$200. The next step up in capabilities is either US$3000, or US$7500, depending upon the features you want. All of the more expensive pro-level units have drill-down menuing. I like Knobs, but that's just me, I'm old fashioned.
Billy Murdoch

Post by Billy Murdoch »

Thanks Dave,
Once again You have shown Your true colours by sharing Your knowledge and experience
I will be mailing You shortly.
Billy