David Dart Weissenborn-Style now @ High Desert Guitars

Pedal, lap, Hawaiian, resonator ... anything played with a bar
Ben Sims

David Dart Weissenborn-Style now @ High Desert Guitars

Post by Ben Sims »

David Dart Hawaiian Model 2, made in 2005. Solid mahogany with black binding, mother-of-pearl diamond fret markers, mother-of-pearl and abalone headstock inlay, Waverly tuners. This is a very fine looking and sounding instrument, which I am selling reluctantly, but I have discovered that the Weissenborn sound isn't really what I want for the music I am currently playing. The guitar does have two significant cracks in the back that will probably require attention - one is 8 1/2 inches long and is clearly visible, and there is a smaller 3 inch crack that is still pretty tightly closed. There is also a hairline crack along the same line as the smaller crack toward the lower bout of the instrument. These should be clearly visible in the photos. The finish is also slightly hazy near the bridge where my hand rests. Includes original custom Cedar Creek archtop case. Dart has photos and audio samples on his website, www.luthier.com.

Here is a recording I made using this guitar.

Photos:

Last edited by Ben Sims on 17 Mar 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Maddex

Post by Michael Maddex »

Ben, nice looking and sounding instrument -- but a little pricey for me. I liked a couple of your sound clips; I hope you are planning to submit something to b0b for his Members Showcase CD Project. Good luck on your Weissenborn sale.
"For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert." -- Arthur C. Clarke
Ben Sims

Post by Ben Sims »

As indicated in the heading, this guitar is now on consignment @ High Desert Guitars in Santa Fe. Go give it a try if you're in the area - it's a nice guitar. If you don't see it on the wall, ask Steve (the proprietor) to show it to you. I'll give the requisite consideration to the forum if a member buys it.