Austin Tripp at the Agusta Ga steel show!

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Kenny Martin

Austin Tripp at the Agusta Ga steel show!

Post by Kenny Martin »

I made this clip with Austin's permission and wanted you guys to hear some smooth "Mike Johnson" style steel picken by 18 year Austin Tripp!

You guys give him a hand on these few clips!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypoCqi-FUfg

Awesome job man! 8)
Jeff Colson

Post by Jeff Colson »

It's good that we have fine youth taking our instrument into the future. Way to go Austin !
Jeff
Bernie Gonyea

Austin Tripp

Post by Bernie Gonyea »

:D :whoa: :roll: :roll: :D

Kenny and Jeff : I agree with you both in ref to this young man; I especially loved their version of " Cold Cold Heart " Austin is surely an up and becoming steel Guitarist.. Good Job, Austin..Keep " Em coming ,Lad..Bernie :whoa: :D
2007 Zum S-10; 1967 Sho-Bud [ D-10 ]; 85 S-10 Sierra; 1953 Multi-Kord [ 6 String- 4 pedals ] A Sho-Bro six String Resonator Guitar; Nashville 112 Amp; hilton Vol. Pedal
Bill Ferguson

Post by Bill Ferguson »

Yep, that's my boy. Austin has been setting up with me and our band off and on for 2 years. It is amazing the way he is playing after such a short time.

Austin's Emmons is BLACK, mine is a "one of a kind" HUNTER GREEN (I sent the laminate to Emmons Co for this 1993 LeGrande

I am sssssooooooooooooooo proud of Austin. He is definately a keeper.

Love you boy,
Mr. Bill[/img]
Last edited by Bill Ferguson on 23 Apr 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.
John H. McGlothlin

Post by John H. McGlothlin »

Austin is a magnificient steel guitarist. I have watched several videos of him and his talent is absolutely great it is real country steel guitar.
Marlen SD 10 3 and 5,Fender 5 String Banjo, Flinthill 5 string banjo,Johnson Resonator Guitar, Ibanez AFS75T Country/Jazz Guitar.
Jeremy Drawbaugh

Post by Jeremy Drawbaugh »

way to go Austin, you need to teach me some of that. everybody calls me a kid and a young player, heck i just hit 33 last week, i aint a teenager anymore. to play that great at 18 is awesome, keep it up man you got a bright future ahead.
JDAWG
MULLEN G2 D-10 8X7
QUILTER 202 combo TT12
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

An 18 year old playing like that! Wait a few more years and see how he'll be tearing it up. Good playing Austin.

Tony
Jamie Lennon

Post by Jamie Lennon »

wow !!! his great!!!
Mullen Guitars, Little Walter Amps, Benado Effects, D'Addario Strings

www.georgettejones.net
Austin Tripp

Post by Austin Tripp »

Thanks Kenny for posting this video!! I also want to thank everyone for the nice comments. I'm just a simple country boy trying to play this dang thang hehe. Thanks again everyone!!

Austin Tripp
"Hotrod"
Steel guitarist for Cody Jinks
Member CMA