"You Are So Beautiful" Bishop R.P. Hall

Steel guitar web sites, videos and recordings on the Internet

Moderator: Shoshanah Marohn

Bishop Ronnie P Hall

"You Are So Beautiful" Bishop R.P. Hall

Post by Bishop Ronnie P Hall »

Hi Guys, :)
This is a song that was sung some years ago by and artist of the 60s, 70s,and even now he is still performing, Joe Cocker!
But this rendition, is my version that is dedicated to my wife, who in fact appears with me, as I stumbled through my version of it! :lol: Anyway,enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKuPLFMzQAo
Charles Curtis

Post by Charles Curtis »

Bishop, somehow I just knew that you were going to kiss her at the end; IMO, such a delghtful couple and I'll bet fun to be with. Are you thinking about adding a few knee levers to your guitar? Thank you.
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

"You Are So Beautiful To Me!"

Hi Charles, (Curtis)
Thanks so much for your kindness, and encouragement. Yes, we are a fun loving family, the whole bunch, along with our grandkids pets etc. :D
I am in the process once again, of trying to find the knee lever kits that I need, to stretch those strings that I once did! I`m playing right now on a semi-modified Carter Starter, in which the parts are hard to locate for modification, even from Carter guitars. I`m also modifying a Fender 400, and my 1974 Sho-Bud, that I`ve had for a number of years that I bought new! Bobbe Seymore informed me, that since Sho-Bud has been out of business for about 16 years, that I probably should consider purchasing a new different guitar. :whoa: (At these prices? :cry: )And I so hate to ruin my Fender. But there is always hope! :) Never the less, Thanks again for looking in.
Bishop Hall(Ron)
Fred Nolen

Post by Fred Nolen »

A beautiful song for a beautiful lady. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ol' Fred
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Nice Bishop. Love your tone.

Tony
Tony Dingus

Post by Tony Dingus »

Bishop, would you post your tuning? I think you did it gor me once and I can't find it now. I appreciate it.

Tony
Jody Sanders

Post by Jody Sanders »

Real nice Bishop, real nice. A beautiful song for a beautiful ladie. Jody.
John P. Phillips

Post by John P. Phillips »

Bishop Ron,
I remember the gravely voiced Joe Cocker well. Yours is a beautiful rendition. I can feel the love from the strings. You are an INSPIRATION to us for sure.
I wish I had the wherewithall to modify that Carter for you. I would do it in a heartbeat. I am so blessed to be able to call you my brother !
Just remember,
You don�t stop playing cause you get older,
You get older cause you stop playing ! http://www.myspace.com/johnpphillips
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

"You Are So Beautiful To Me"

Hi Fred, (Nolan)!
Thanks so much for your compliment. Yes, she is a beautiful lady. And I`ve looked at her with, wonder in my eyes, for all of our married life together, and I`m still amazed! Thanks Again! :)
Bishop Hall (Ron)
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hey Tony!,(Dingus)
Thank You for your comment about tone. The thing is, I don`t know much about, "tone", it just seems to come out that way when I play! :lol: Also, I just use a simple formula, from the 1st. string down to the bass string on a 10 sting guitar is as follows: 1st.(E), 2nd.(B), 3rd.(G#), 4th.(E), 5th.(B), 6th.(E), 7th.(B), 8th.(E), 9th.(B), 10th.(E).
This is what I think is called "E" Natural. Only I tune my guitar to the key of "F" on the first string,and the rest are tuned harmonically to the key string. It doesnt make musical sense, but it works for me! The instrument sings!!! ;-) I hope it works for you as well! Be blessed, and thanks again for your encouragement.
Ron
(Bishop Hall)
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hi Jody, (Sanders)
Thank you for your comment. You should see the "smile" on my wife`s face, after reading it! :D
Thanks Again! Be Blessed!
Bishop, and Mrs. Ron & Delores Hall
Bishop Ronnie P Hall

Hey J.P.! :D (John P. Phillips)
Good to hear from you, my good friend!
You know, somehow when Joe Cocker sang this song, I`m sure he never knew the lives he would touch, when he did it. However, my wife and I both thought it seemed appropriate for me to use it, to express our happiness together. Thanks again John, and may God bless you "real good"! :wink:
Ron
(Bishop,and Mrs.Delores Hall)