Michigan Show

Upcoming steel guitar shows, concerts, jam sessions, club dates, etc.

Moderator: Dave Mudgett

Bill Stafford

Michigan Show

Post by Bill Stafford »

Well, another GREAT show is history. Congratulations are due to Frank Rogers, Joe Wright and Danny Hulihen(sp?) for their inductment into the Michigan Steel Guitar Hall of Fame. No better selections could have been made.
I wish to thank Evelyn, L.T. Zinn, their staff and families for allowing me the honor to have been part of your show. This is a hard working group and this was a very nice production. And to all the ones who missed this event-sorry. Plan on it next year. And, as special enticement, the food and hotel staff was the best I have experienced at any of the steel shows I have attended. It was a great pleasure for me to have been there. I thank all involved from the bottom of my heart. See you next year, I hope.
PS: And if you have not yet heard Frank Rogers play, you are really in for a treat when you do.
Thanks to all,
Bill Stafford
Evelyn Whitney

Post by Evelyn Whitney »

Hi Bill;
It was a blessing having you here at the G R show.
People are so intrigued watching you play and you play so smooth and sweetly.
Its always a pleasure having you.
That hotel staff was really great, they came through for us. (deep sigh).
Those kinds of details are high priorities on our minds, as we want our guests to be very comfortable.
That pool was a hit,too.
Thanks again Bill. See you soon, Evelyn
PS Hope Betty is getting better.
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Thanks Bill, from all of us. It was a real pleasure seeing you again, and hearing you play. I really love your style, and I hope to see you again soon.
Jody Carver

Post by Jody Carver »

Mr. Stafford.
I have never heard you play in person,,,but Bob Maickel president of the PSGA show in NY made a tape especially for me of your show in New York a few years back,

I thought you played great,,,,your demonstration of the "Sierra" guitar was really outstanding,,,,and I got a big kick
out of some gal in the audience who kept asking for "orange blossom special" and you explained that you were not a "chicken" picker,,,she kept insisting that you play "orange blossom special" You backed up a hawaiian gal dancer,,,

Your set was great and I listen to it all the time,,,,your rendition of Ole Shep" was great also,,,and I got a kick out of your story re Jerry Byrd's comments to you asking you to play ole shep.

Due to illness,,,I was not able to attend the show,,,but I hope in the not too distant future I will have the opportunity to meet and hear you play,,,,best wishes Jody
Jerry Brightman

Post by Jerry Brightman »

Hey Bill,

Can I buy another one of those CD's? I almost wore it out. Boy, talk about smooth playing...you got it in the right hand for sure. The calmness of your CD is very inspiring.

I can't tell you how great it was to see you and I'm looking forward to doing it again..

Folks, go see Bill if you haven't. You won't be sorry. Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Your Friend,

Jerry
Terry in H-town

Post by Terry in H-town »

Sounds like I missed a good one Bill. I used to live up there in that frozen place. Like the Detroit Tigers always say "There's always next year." Sorry I missed you when I was in Biloxi. See ya. Terry
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Hi Terry, sorry we were not able to visit during to recent trip to Biloxi. Maybe next time. Yep, you missed a great show in Michigan.
Talking about Michigan, Jerry Brightman really put on a performance. Really plays nice, and when he did it fast it was something that all the rest of us can only think about. Jerry mentioned his future plans and if this event comes to pass, the steel guitar world is in for a very big treat. Hope it works out for you Jerry. Thanks for your friendship during the show and it was a great pleasure to have seen you again.
Bill Stafford
Jerry Brightman

Post by Jerry Brightman »

Hi Bill,

I just noticed the nice things you posted about me. I'll be in touch and look forward to the next time we get a chance to do it again.

Thanks for all those kind words. I hope I
get the chance to do more as I begin re-circulating.

Your friend,

Jerry
Danny Hullihen

Post by Danny Hullihen »

Hey Jerry. Only nice things can be said about really nice people, and you are without question, one of the most sincere and genuine people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. Although this goes without saying, (as I'm sure everyone that knows you would agree,) but I'll say it anyway, you are also one of the most talented steel players around, and I hope that many more people have the opportunity to hear you in the near future.

Bill. Jerry promised me $5.00 for saying all this. How did I do? :-) (Just kidding of course.) You guys are among the best of the best in my book.
Bill Stafford

Post by Bill Stafford »

Danny, you owe me two fifty. lol.
Looking forward to your new venture, Jerry. That will be a good one and good for the steel guitar world.
In your re-circulations please stop by anytime.
Bill Stafford